48 Hour Comp

Sinbad

yea but just think of all the decisions you won't have to make...........dashing around to make the most of the tide and marks; stay out fishing or head in for a shower and a(nother) cold beer..........

breakfast before we head out or forget it and just live on stella unsure.gif

'cos the trips not a huge amount longer, includes wrecking, St pp beats Weymouth and i know the marks better................. unsure.gif

if i was launching from weymouth it would be different - i am on a trip not out to win by heading over

Reflections 2 is back in the water as of this afternoon and I hope to use it to fish the weekend so might as well join the 48hr comp and will pay my fee at tomorrows club meeting. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

If any one fancies joining me as crew please let me know via PM or email .

I can fit 2 on board and she's moored at Cobbs Quay so theres no launching involved. smile.gif

Just A Word of warning don't expect to win the competiton from my boat as Novice doesn't really begin to describe the angling skills available. wink.gif

And fishing time availability may be a little shall we say variable depending upon what time I get up! blink.gif

Peteg

The current mid-range forecast for the weekend suggests generally light winds Friday and Saturday (with sun!), and a real risk of a weak low pressure system working up the English Channel on Sunday, which could generate some light/moderate Easterlies, or perhaps poor visibility.

There is nothing on the forecast as yet to suggest it will need to be called off, but all skippers should plan to monitor the weather particularly carefully over this period, due to the extended competition duration, and make their own judgement whether they continue or not at their selected marks, or with a planned trip.

I would also recommend that everyone planning to fish the comp checks and updates their safety kit in advance of the comp starting: 48 hours at sea might flatten batteries, or deplete fuel supplies particularly, etc! Also, agree buddy boat arrangements and backups in advance - it might be difficult on the days.

For those planning night fishing on local marks during the competition, please prepare in advance for anchor lights, shifts for a 100% watch pattern, and arrange to slip and buoy your anchors should a rapid exit be needed. This is the only club night comp of the year, and extra care must be taken.

Let's discuss further at the meeting on Thursday.

Mike

The current mid-range forecast for the weekend suggests generally light winds Friday and Saturday (with sun!), and a real risk of a weak low pressure system working up the English Channel on Sunday, which could generate some light/moderate Easterlies, or perhaps poor visibility

yep my sources agree - those in the northern club waters will get sunburnt whilst anyone still south of about the 25s midday Sunday could get a little damp and find an E3.............shame!

Hi guys, im out saturday so i might be up for joining the comp but i need to renew my membership first so i will get my cheque sent off tonight to renew.

How much is entry and how and who do i pay cos im only out for saturday first light to about 3pm.

I will be out on mine and Dans boat 'Dat Dam Boat' with a forum member Ian.

Dom

Don't forget to report all your catches ( and it is worth reporting your best catch whatever ) by close of play on Sunday.

( I will be fishing on Sunday, so call on my mobile will do or PM if you cant get me ).

3 fish reported to date, one from a junior, one of unknown ( large ! ) size and my effort of not so big size.

DSC00223.JPG