"awol" Comes Home

Maverick Martin

Dean and I went to lymo today and picked up our new toy.

Boarded "AWOL" fired her up and promptly went to the fuel station to brim her ready for our trip to Poole. Left Lymo and headed over to the needles which was a pleasant enough trip in the stiff southerly winds. Seen Gordon and crew on Fugazi on station but still codless at that point. In the distance we could see the huge looking seas but still headed towards em just to see what it was like. Well it was snotty, we read the label on the boat and it said Category B suitable for 8 people in a force 8 so we decided to try it out and turned to head for Poole. At its worst some of the waves were around 12-14ft with cresting tops which made life interesting but we still felt 100% safe so on we went. As we crossed the bay the seas became more user friendly and allowed us to open up the throttles a little. To say we were pleased would be an understatement, she does all we expected and probably a bit more.

To sum up "AWOL" does what it says on the tin, I really enjoyed bringing her home and wouldn

Nice One mate

Your Chrimbo preeent just a few days late.

Pleased to hear that she lives up to all expectations and more.

When you are down stroking the boat call me and I will go AWOL from work to pop down the lane and have a peek.

I am at work Today and Tomorrow morning

Charlie biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

PJ yep I was seduced laugh.gif

Mike yep it was but we couldnt keep away tongue.gif

Adam thats our naming of the boat, she previously had no name. Did think about calling it Maverick (would seriously have liked to) but been there done that. Missus said I suppose you'll go missing more often so thats where the name came from biggrin.gif

Martin

Its an abbreviation of absent without leave, which basically sums up fishing in one!!!!

Spot on Rich. Younger members may not be familiar with the military term AWOL Absent With Out Leave, hence the ere indoors comment laugh.gif or Adam may be correct with his lunatic comment tongue.gif

Martin

Nice one Martin biggrin.gif

I hope you and all the family have fun on her.

I am sure she will serve you very well, sorry I missed you yesterday.

Sam bumped into Dean and he was over the moon and dying to take her for a spin today.

I am sure you will be adding a few bits, Electronics and rod rests etc to enhance her fishing capabilities.

Very Tight Lines

Charlie biggrin.gif

I've just been down to Parkstone Bay to empty Simply Red of rainwater. Whilst I was there, before the heavens opened again I saw Martin's new steed moored up by the pontoon and had a butchers.

Very nice and pretty, but I'd be terrified of getting lug and rag juice all over the place or dirtying the very nice looking interior, as I'm a very messy angler.

All the same

Kudos Martin