Hi

BigMac

Hi everyone,

the name's Allan Mcavoy and over the last month I've really enjoyed checking out the chat in the forums. Seems like everyone has a good laugh at each others expense!!!!!

Up until Christmas myself and co-boat owner Rupert owned a Raider 18 running out of Christchurch called " Bassassin ", but have since sold this and are now the proud owners of a 23' Aquafish called " Aquafresh " that also used to run out of Mudeford and was owned by Fraser that I'm sure some of you would of come across fishing the bay.

We fish for just about anything that swims but have really purchased this boat specifically to fish further afield and also to put a thresher or a porbeagle alongside. Hopefully there will be someone in the club willing to buddy up and share information.

Look forward to meeting some of you at the April meeting (sorry cant make this thursday) and on the water in the near future. We're the two fat blokes in the light blue boat, just give us a wave!!

Cheers and tight lines, be safe,

Allan

Hi Allan,

Keep an eye out for the two fat blokes in the dark blue boat, 'Otter'.............. laugh.gif

'Sea Magnet' at the ready ph34r.gif , they'll be out sharking this summer.

cool.gif

Wedger

Hi Alan

Firstly welcome to the forum and indeed into the club.

I'm sure some of our regulars would love to buddy up and fish for shark. I have only ever tried it once and failed miserably weep.gif although I did have a minor run (no comments please Mike)

I'm glad you can't make it to the meeting this Thursday as you would have been drinking on your own rolleyes.gif Our meetings are held on the first Thursday of each Month. The next meeting is our AGM that is on 6th April. See you there

Martin

Hi Alan,

I fish out of Mudeford pretty regularly [ as weather allows] ; I'm one of the tiddlers [ boat -wise] in my little Orkney 4 40, but get plenty of fish in the Ledge area.

I know your boat well and have often seen it out , about and whizzing past me.

I look forward to meeting there , or at club meetings.

If ever you are looking for crew......... I'm available weekends and school hols . [until I escpe / retire ...... over next few years hopefully].

Alun.

Thanks for that Martin,

Could have looked foolish all on my own. rolleyes.gif

We'll keep our eyes peeled for you Wedger and introduce ourselves if we dont meet you before.

Allan

Re- you two and Trevor (wedger) and me, how about setting up a Fat Blokes section of the club? You gotta be over 16st and under5' 10" (?) to join and we can form our own 'sub' comitee. (That is we order bloody great long french sticks loaded with edible goodies and don't share them with no one!!) laugh.gif

Mad Mike

Thanks for that Martin,

Could have looked foolish all on my own. rolleyes.gif

We'll keep our eyes peeled for you Wedger and introduce ourselves if we dont meet you before.

Allan

Re- you two and Trevor (wedger) and me, how about setting up a Fat Blokes section of the club? You gotta be over 16st and under5' 10" (?) to join and we can form our own 'sub' comitee. (That is we order bloody great long french sticks loaded with edible goodies and don't share them with no one!!) laugh.gif

Mad Mike

At the rat I am going I shall be elligible to join very soon!

A few more pasties and I'll be there.

How much is membership?

Tom

Hi Alan,

I wondered when you chaps were going to join the forum / club?

You may remember me from the days when I worked in Bournemouth Fishing Lodge as a nipper? Was chatting to another fat bloke ph34r.gif (Rich @ Ringwood Tackle) biggrin.gif last week and he mentioned that you two had bought Fraisers boat.

Im sure we will meet shortly - I fish all most exclusivly from Xchurch - Blue hulled Warrior 165.

Cheers

Adam

Hi Adam,

course I remember you, who could forget you?

Suppose the large ginger one told you about having a beer in the pub while I sat on the the boat 30 yards off the quay in 2 inches of water for 4 and a half hours cause I missed the tide, as well!!!!!!

Allan

Hi Allan,

I think I ,ay have chatted to you when you had your old boat Basasasin when you launched from Wick ? ( I certainly recall seeing it around in the past. ) - maybe I gave you a club card ??

I am always launching out of Wick on Neo ( Orkney 520 ).

Look forward to seeing you at the next meeting and what a nice boat you now have.

Hi Al,

Welcome to the club biggrin.gif You still chasing those sharks! I seem to remember a few years back fishing mid channel on Sundance on an Eel trip with you and Rupert, you sending out a baloon on a long rod after a porgy!

Well done on getting Aquafresh shes a lovely boat.

See you out there .

James

Hi al

Is it the same allan that used to haul those big Ringwood half pit carp whilst having certain limbs in plaster(9-10 years ago)? I used to be a regular on the lake and there used to be a man of the same name fishing during the same season me. I also remember pics in the angling press. I think you had a big common and a decent mirror during that season.

Prob a different Al anyway.....just the name is familliar

Dan

Al......Im still very much into coarse fishing, still mainly carp fishing but havnt fished the Half Pit for a while(but i did manage a decent common from there a few years ago) as it now has restricted fishable areas,. I now fish for everything and anything that swims, whether fresh water or salt water. Ive now got a small Dory (Gnasher) that i own with DommyBoy that launches from Muddiford. I would never be able to give up freshwater fishing though, as nothing gets my rocks off more than stalking a decent carp in the edge in crystal clear water....s......orry claire.......)

Im really enjoying being at sea though, but still leaning the ropes big time.

Welcome to the club.

Dan

Kam, im not sure exactly what model it is, as the bloke who i bought it off wasnt sure, but its a dory with a cathedral hull that is an inch or two under 15ft. Its got a 28hp yammy on the back that will push it at about 20 knots in good conditions. Its very small, very light and its great for a one man launch, it draws very little water so i can get out over the bar, but perfect for where i want to fish. Ive even taken it out 5miles south of the island so if the conditions are not to bad then it does everything that i want it to do and its great for 2 people fishing .............................I couldnt afford anything else anyway....

I think it may be a Capri Pilot 15, they also made a 17ft version which naturaly they called a Capri Pilot 17. Many similar designs from almost identical moulds were made in the 80's/90's and probably still today . As you say they are an ideal single handed launch and with their shallow draft and cathederal hull they are a stable go anywhere boat.

Mad Mike