Baiter Slipway

Phil Deller

Hi Phil

There has been a number of chats over Baiter slip, I personaly not keen on it as I have a braked trailer and as you have to bury the trailer in water and the brakes do not like this.

Not so bad if you have a reasonable distance to travel home so that it drys the brakes but as I am only 5 miles from where the boat is, it does not have time to dry properly.

Good slips but exspensive is Cobbs Quay (

high phil,

yes my boat is 18ft ,the launching is not too bad but the retrieve and pushing it back up is definately a challenge.if slip is quiet you can tow it out with rope but normally it is too busy.

water up to mudgaurds to launch!!!!!!

cheers andy

high phil,

yes my boat is 18ft ,the launching is not too bad but the retrieve and pushing it back up is definately a challenge.if slip is quiet you can tow it out with rope but normally it is too busy.

water up to mudgaurds to launch!!!!!!

cheers andy

As a thought, after recovery of the boat to the trailer, tie the bow down and then release the winch hook, run it out back towards the car (Using an extention rope from the tow hitch if needed) and then winch the trailer back towards the car.

Mad Mike