Nylon Rollers

Adam F

This was a topic I noticed in BFM this month, and have seen it discussed elsewhere prior.

Rubber rollers on the Indespension and similar trailers can 'flatten' causing them to stop rolling, and loose support for the boat.

The solution apparently is to replace then with nylon jobbies, they last forever, and apparently, the boat rolls off the trailer without even having to give it a shove!!

Something I will look into if I get my new boat?

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Adam

Adam

I have read several articles re: nylon rollers, all have basically said the same.

1 That rubber type rollers do flatten over a period of time due to them being soft huh.gif . In their favour the softness can act as a slight shock absorber when towing smile.gif

2 Nylon rollers do make launching easier due to them remaining round and not flattening smile.gif , also the boat does not dig in to the rollers but sits on them. When towing however your boat gets a harder ride sad.gif

I would suggest that whatever your new boat comes with give that a try first. If you then think nylon rollers would make life easier fit them. My guess is that a warrior 165 will be easy to launch with either kinds of rollers smile.gif .

Martin

Hi all

I fitted nylon rollers to my trailer when I had a Seahog but only to the last 3 rollers. The rest I kept in rubber.

It was a simple job of launching in fact it just slid into the water with a slight push if the slip gradiant wa not too steep so you had to keep a rope on the boat at all times in case it got away from you.

I did not suffer any hull cracking problems but the trailer did have bunks and not outside rollers so perhaps they helped.

Crayside Marine sell the nylon rollers but if they are not a standard size they do become very exspensive.

You do need a good tie down strap with these rollers.

rolleyes.gif