Mg 530 Pilothouse

Guest Geoff

The Drago has only been on the scene for a few months. Doubt there are any 2nd hard knocking about. Boat Fishing Monthly did a test on it about 3 months back, the review is quite positive (then again most reviews are). If you haven't a copy, I can get one.

It's only 30cm shorter than the 530, what's that, 12 inches? Couldn't you do with 12 iches less...... rolleyes.gif ?

It does have a lockable door according to the ad.

Having a big boat is nice, you can carry everything you need plus many more things you don't need. Take it from me it ain't all that cracks up to be. Very often I wish I have a small boat, less gas used, quicker wash down, easier to tow plus easier to launch and retrieve.

Conway marina is just up the road from me, the Quicksilver 500 is available new for -http://www.mcaleesemarine.co.uk/detail.php?id=29701 - Ireland is just a short journey accross from Holyhead for me, but a trailer would have to be added to the price...think....think

• 2 weeks later...

Look at this one !! Only 2 hours up the road from you , with a braked R/C trailer full package they will take your engine in p/x probably

Private ads only allowed on this site so the link has been removed.

Please contact either myself or any member of the admin team for details of how to put trade adverts on this site

Martin

Admin

• 2 weeks later...

Ad was removed.....hope it was not too good to miss as I am currently getting the gear off my old boat on to my new Mg 530, now pretty much sorted, looking forward to taking her out over the weekend, will keep you guys posted on how she performs.

Just a couple of questions.....is there any tidy way of fitting the gps receiver, that is with a bare minimum of cable showing, not that I dislike the cable...just that I want it in the least vunerable place.

Has anyone else found a 'nice' way of routing the cables from the remotes through the bulkhead, I managed to fit a 'pocket' looks a bit like a fibreglass version of a mini van filler recess....pictures available on request.

Anyone got any suggesions on what I should name her?

Geoff

Well I finally got everything sorted....took her out for 'sea trials' today & I must say I am well impressed. There was a good chop on which gave me the opportunity to try her at all angles in the waves, at no time did I feel uncomfortable. All in all a nice ride, looking forward to a calm afternoon to see what she's like 'on the plane'

Photo of 'the boat' me & junior sorting out the moorings.

post-6-1127585283.jpg