Sole

JIMBOB

A bit of jealousy there Adam.... tongue.gif

We weighed a 8oz lead on a moveing boat and it weighed 10 oz on my scales. not to bad I think, concidering we weighed one of the bass we caught 3times on your scales and after zeroing three times gave 3 totally different weights from 3lb first attept, 2lb 4oz second to 3llb 6oz third. On mine it weighed 3lb 6 to 8 oz.

I weighed my sole on dry land and if you feel it needs a re-weigh. feel free its still in my freezer.

Im not going to rush out and buy a new set of scales just because ours dont match,.

I paid quite a lot of money for two sets of scales, a set of fly weights for smaller species and a set of heavy nash scales for the beasts and im sure just about every set of scales in the club are going to vary from one anouther and mine are of some of the better quality scales avalible.

James

Y'know I just don't get this mines bigger than yours load of tosh.

As the midget said "Does size matter?"

What about an enjoyment scale? Like, "I caught a 50lb conger but I stayed up all night and was naquered the next day and had a row with Mrs".

Vs

"I went out with a fly rod and caught 10 mackies and 3 gar', had a wonderfull time and got home cooked a barbie, and still got to bed at a decent hour"

So who's the 'best' fisherman?

I reckon that those that worry how big theirs is may have lost site of the 'sport' element.

Mad Mike

Just a point Guys

there was a lot of discussion about the way fish are weighed at sea during the last meeting.

I do not think that tongue in cheek comments that are not obviously jokes will help matters.

remember to weigh the fish as carefully as possible and accept the minimum weight , not the average or the maximum

Charlie