Club meeting got expensive

Rob

I've not been to the club meetings for a while, caught up with Steve S and Charlie C.

Talk turned to big game in the West Country.

Discussion about Autumn 2022.

Suddenly brought forward Friday, and today Steve S, AdamF and myself are out looking for tuna.

So much life out here, 1 dropped lure and one to the side of the boat,..........so far!

Great experience none the less, but we'd like one each!

RIMG_20211107_135421.thumb.jpg.0de7cb031cbc8d060ebbdea9ff896e5a.jpg

Well it was one for the day and Ad picked the correct straw for first go.

There was so much wildlife out there, dolphins, birds, whales spotted. And tuna, plenty of them, next to the boat, under the boat.

The crew worked hard, swapping lures and size / colours if teasers. They could have not done more. We were also allowed to help, let lines out, bring them in, change our gear. All in all we were all part of the crew, as it should be as far as I am concerned.

I've never used my binoculars so much!

Great day, memories and can't wait to be back.

I think I can speak for Steve and Adam in saying it was superb, game fishing in the UK. Oh and Dorset to Falmouth and back on a day with 11 hours on a boat, is a long day!

Pics of Adam and his catch, plus the lure of the day!

RScreenshot_20211108-071700.thumb.jpg.d4a5fe37bb398dbdcd28da5a1f071d4d.jpgIMG_20211107_135755.thumb.jpg.96a185925e43b3dbeccd3b9a38715c77.jpg

Yes it was a great day afloat. The bust ups with tuna, dolphins, diving gannets and all manner of sea birds are spectacular, think Blue Planet. Many are at a distance but some were right by the boat.

It was a slow day for strikes, none the less a great day. Steve and his crew could not have worked harder to get among the fish, no wonder he has had 119 this year!

The 'young boys' drove both ways on the day, too much for me I stayed over night and drove back on the day (4 hours) that was a long enough!

Well done guys

Sorry that chatting to Steve and I at the meeting set you up for this Rob.

Its a fantastic experience, but is a little like hard work.

Like you we could not bear to miss the opportunity of this amazing fishery in the UK.

We stayed in a guest house overnight to be fresh on the day and enjoy a night in town before a relaxed drive back. All adds to the fun of the trip as far as I am concerned. But the younger chaps probably have to get home to their families.

Charlie

With seeing an opening Friday am and fishing Sunday, it was all too short notice with plans And and I both had. So to squeeze it in was the only way, and that we did.

Certainly won't forget tuna bigger than the dolphins being close enough to poke with a boat hook!

Think I'll be early to bed tonight!

R

3 hours ago, Rob said:

With seeing an opening Friday am and fishing Sunday, it was all too short notice with plans And and I both had. So to squeeze it in was the only way, and that we did.

Certainly won't forget tuna bigger than the dolphins being close enough to poke with a boat hook!

Think I'll be early to bed tonight!

R

That's three trips west in six weeks isn't it Rob

Great effort