Charity outing

jerry.shutter

I gave a trip in an auction for Julia’s house and Air Ambulance before Covid. After cancelling 3 times due to bad weather November 5th looked good. Hard frost and grit on the marina added to the day as a beautiful sunrise appeared. Two anglers appeared, who even though they insisted they were fishermen it transpired Mackerel trips on family holidays were the extent of there experience.

No worries, saw Fisheagle at the bridges, tried to call at various times on 6 but no response throughout the day. Probably catching too many fish😜

The guys wanted to catch Bass, after a fruitless hour+ we gave up trying to get live bait, so headed east where we struggled.

Superb weather and the two anglers managed Bass to 56cms 4-5lbs, Tub Gurnard and LSD.

Certainly not a red letter day but they were over the moon, incredible amount of baitfish in the water which we could not identify or match. Hooky appeared at the bridges having had a day out. Cobbs had no water so no wash down, funny old world!!!!!

63BC90E3-D394-4CDD-A416-6976E689922F.jpeg

491EB127-E0A3-402F-8E17-EF1EDA84B735.jpeg

I nearly called you this am, not that I was interested in your outing but you had the bloody bridge up and stopped me going to work.  Glad you all had a reasonable day both fish and weather wise.

Tony and I are out am tomorrow but looking at the weather suspect we will be back early doors for a Doombar or 1,2,3 or 4 :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jerry.shutter said:

I forgot to say huge thankyou to Jerry Sumbler for giving up a day to crew when he is mega busy. 👍👍👍👍

And thanks to the safety officer who tracked us on Marine tracking Ais to make sure we were safe, just joking 😂 I took note of the Lat and Long I will try to avoid.🤣 It was good to see you on the screen, very good for safety👍