Marine / anglers action camera.

Wedger

What do you guys consider to be the best fixed action camera for a boat (remote activated)? Sort of looking at fixing one to the radar arch overlooking the deck and immediately alongside to capture fish being landed and smiley faces with the catch on board.

Cheers

Wedge  😎

I have used Go Pro's and the much cheaper copies.

Tried controlling them from the phone App, but that takes time and eats the battery.

The cheaper ones have a control that you cam wear on your wrist that is useful, there batteries also last much longer.

The fact that they are in a protection water proof cover helps, but because of this, sound is an issue

The recent Falmouth trip I had some great video of Jerry's fight with the biggest beastie, but the sound was as I say poor.

My biggest problem is the time taken to edit.

Images and videos taken on the phone do not have the same problems but I am not putting my smart phone in the salt water

27 minutes ago, Tiddler said:

Found many more interesting models & prices yet Trev?

I can't find another which ticks any more boxes I might need than the V 50 Pro. Providing it is totally waterproof and has enough battery and memory I think we are in.

Wedge

The best is the DJI Osmo Action (John fishlocker ) uses one .

It seems better than Go-Pro , 

Only negatives seem to be , battery life ( I have a separate power bank)

Use a 128gig card

I bought one for Tracy for her birthday, we are still experimenting with it, still working out the ^ upload _ downloading stuff ‘not got into the editing bit yet so might go and give Jim a shout to get some help 

I use Cyberlink Power Director.

I learned all I know from THIS fella:    https://www.youtube.com/c/PowerDirectorUniversity

Maliek Whittaker.

He is fantastic.

If you search his site for Basic stuff he'll put you right.

Try this:     

It's old     but good.

Just like Me.  :D

I use a docking station.

Usb & Power adaptor.

It takes standard hard drives and they work just like a drive on the computer but can be swapped.

Similar to this:

Tecknet external hard drive hub.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018EOZGU2/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_55?psc=1&pd_rd_plhdr=t&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWEcwQjI5V1YzNzBLJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjkyMDc1VUY3RzhaRVJQRk4zJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0Mjg1NjdYUFBJNVlGQVBTUlkmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zZF9vbnNpdGVfZGVza3RvcCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

:)   :smileys-fish-777679:

Or get a NAS - Network attached storage.

I have a Synology Nas, it plugs in to router and you be accessed from any machine on network / WiFi. Runs my surveillance camera software too.

Has a app so you can see the files when out of the house also. Which, isn't used often, but great when required.

You want to go wrong with Synology. Buy big so that you have have the disks mirrored. This means you have 2 copies of your data on it, meaning if one drive inside goes pop, you still have a copy, slot in a new one and it rebuilds it automatically.

R