You can't keep a good boat down!

Rob

Well, 3 weeks later and the weather and diary gods have come together and saw Ad and I heading back to Cornwall.

No faff for fuel this time, so quicker journey as the queues caused jams!

Well, he wanted a Blue in good weather, on his own rods and a nice size. So JoJo found him a 100lb er...........

Would saw a few bust ups in the distance, some lasting half an hour. We assume tuna of the bluefin variety. One bust up at the end of our day we shot over too, but seemed to only be a huge pod / superpod of dolphins. Still great to see!

Plenty of whiting too.

Now to rest and have another meal over the campfire, heaven!

RIMG-20211016-WA0003.jpgScreenshot_20211016-132908.jpgIMG_20211016_131440.jpgIMG_20211016_113955.jpg

On 10/18/2021 at 9:36 PM, Rob said:

I'd been promising Ad a trip down west on JoJo for the last 4 yrs, but weather and diaries have never come together.

The fact we had the chance to have 2 trips in 3 weeks was too good to pass up!!!!

I think he has started planning next year's already.

R

Did you leave the boat down there between trips Rob?

i trailer my boat down to the fal every year too. Dont watch boat trailer fails on youtube just before you go, it makes for a nervous drive.
I know what you mean, got myself new wheels this year as last ones looked a bit ropey. Shot blasted, zinced and then powercoated. Hope they last quite a bit longer!!!

R

We have stayed in the harbour rentals and used the pontoons, camped and just used the slip, stayed St Mawes and launched at St Just and the only other that was was Mullion when wind was from the East.

What is also nice is the north coast is only 30/60 mins away too.

R