Autumn/Winter Fishing Competitions

jerry.shutter

There used to be a relatively reliable trigger spot Christchurch way towards autumn but that seems to have dried up. The only other spot I caught triggers in good numbers was the wreck of the Adelaide off Chesil beach, the only downside is the beach anglers trying to hit you with their leads. This is very ambitious with the distance involved but we did have one who tied a weight on obviously with a rotten bottom and snatched his rod at the appropriate time.........he missed. My crew at the time, who had a combative side to his nature, suggested I head for the beach and he would have a 'chat' with him. I declined and thought the best reply was to continue catching lots of triggers.

Terry.

2 hours ago, plaicemat said:

The only other spot I caught triggers in good numbers was the wreck of the Adelaide off Chesil beach, the only downside is the beach anglers trying to hit you with their leads. This is very ambitious with the distance involved but we did have one who tied a weight on obviously with a rotten bottom and snatched his rod at the appropriate time.........he missed. My crew at the time, who had a combative side to his nature, suggested I head for the beach and he would have a 'chat' with him.

I had similar closer to home.  Dean and I were returning from a day out.  Coming past the chain ferry our radar arch was struck by a lead.  I immediately aimed our boat at the small pier that the trip boats use, jumped off and instructed Dean to stand guard whilst I went and saw this chap to give him some verbal abuse.  Afterwards I was so pleased that this guy was submissive as he towered above me in all directions and had he decided to lamp me one I would probably not have got up.  When I got back on our boat I was still shaking, the Adrenalin was really making me buzz. 

Sorry for the fred drift

Sometimes it has to be done! The one in our case was deliberately trying time and again, you could see him aiming. They can't really reach the Adelaide from the beach, only get close but he obviously saw it as beach fishers patch exclusively. Perhaps I should have released the Kraken, or Pete as I know him.

Terry.

Hi folks,

Am keen to participate in the cod/whiting comp.

Regretfully, Feisty remains well ouside club waters in Brixham, where I need a base to keep an eye on elderly relatives, and Hooky is unavailable this time round.

If the comp is on, has anyone got place for a small one, please? Happy to help with fuel etc.

Thanks,

Mike

Fisheagle cannot make the 28 th. for the revised Cod/ Whiting Comp. I have been waiting a while now for some laser eye treatment, hence the lack of fishing this year. It scheduled in Bournmouth on Sunday the 28 th. November. Hopefully, I will be able to read the charts on the plotter better. Unfortunately, the fish may look bigger but will still weigh the same.

5 minutes ago, Leicester Fisheagle said:

Fisheagle cannot make the 28 th. for the revised Cod/ Whiting Comp. I have been waiting a while now for some laser eye treatment, hence the lack of fishing this year. It scheduled in Bournmouth on Sunday the 28 th. November. Hopefully, I will be able to read the charts on the plotter better. Unfortunately, the fish may look bigger but will still weigh the same.

Best wishes Alan

13 hours ago, Graham Nash said:

I hope it's on, I've spent this afternoon renewing my line on my reels with heavier line after losing three heavy fish last weekend. 

I had a load of Doggies I'd like to have lost. :(

They're still fish I suppose so better than nothing.  ;)

Cod and Whiting Comp Cancelled

Unfortunately the weather has beaten us again, I have woken up to a covering of snow and horrendous wind in Wiltshire.

Tommorrow is as per last time, just a bit too much, especially with the the residual swell left from today.

Lets hope the Flounder Comp the weather is better and we find a few flatties on December 12th