Autumn/Winter Fishing Competitions

jerry.shutter

Dear All,

Unfortunately the weather seems to be just a bit too much tomorrow considering the different size boats and the fact for the Cod and Whiting you have to travel a bit further. As a responsible club I think the only sensible thing is to postpone and hope we get another chance before Christmas.

Jerry 

Totally the right decision Jerry. 

Good call.

I have been holding off putting our names down for tomorrow due to the uncertainty of the weather.

Look forward to the next date.

Greg

( instead I will pop out tomorrow in the harbour entrance for a Bass or two!!!) 

Thanks Jerry, I would not have made it as Ann is positive for Covid on today's PCR Test Results. Although I am still negative. She really isn't well and it is her birthday on Sunday. Mike Hall could well be taking Fisheagle out with a couple of other Club Members. There have been several Cod to almost double figures caught in the Harbour this week.

Looks lovely Steve,

What would it be like out past the Needles or even further?
Probably as rough as one of my chat up lines !   

Jim if you look Steve was on land with rocks in the foreground unless he has run his boat up on the rocks
Highly unlikely

I fished Southbourne for a few hours this afternoon. The sea was smooth, but with a big swell from the south Waves were breaking beyond the 5 knot buoys, consistently more than 2m. As the tide neared high, and the light faded, the biggest waves were obscuring the horizon several hundred yards out so were 3m and a set of those reached my tripod.

I packed it in, as I didn't fancy any of those after dark.

Good call Jerry, it would have been unpleasant conditions outside of sheltered waters.

Ps had a nice schoolie ;)

DSC_0510.JPG

I did go out Sunday, about 6 or 7 miles out. There were three or 4 other boats there too. It was "do-able" but not particularly comfortable and certainly not productive. I gave it about 3 hours, one doggie and a conger and headed back to the shelter of the harbour. That produced crabs, crabs and more crabs.

Roll on the 28th. 

Joking aside, I have had a Trigger on the  boat caught by Bournemouth Pier.

Like all Triggers, they feed mainly in one small area and at a certain time of the tide running.

The skill is knowing where and when to fish for them!!!!!

To prove this, when I was snorkelling in Barbados, there was a small concrete jetty by the hotel. At the end of the jetty was about 10 feet of water. Amongst other fish there was a Trigger that would visit at certain times of the day and at exactly the same spot.

So the answer to all of this is to get your Budgie smugglers on and go hunting, that is if you are that desperate to catch one !!!!!