Autumn/Winter Fishing Competitions

jerry.shutter

1 hour ago, Breakin’ Bass said:

Please add me to the list of boats taking part. Do I need to register anywhere else on this site?

Pete

Remember, for club comps you need a minimum of two people for safety. 

Edit, sorry Jim, I hadn't got as far as your post.

Terry.

The weather for Sunday has fluctuated for the last week.

Today it’s looking ok with a Northerly 10-11mph.

However in the interests of safety I think I have to leave it until Saturday morning to do a final call. We are all in the same situation so bare with me, I’ve bought bait and it’s in the freezer!!!

Fingers crossed we will be able to get out and look for that elusive Cod and a few Whiting.

Jerry

Agree with Jerry, Saturday looking too breezy from Northerly direction. Sunday looking a little better but more than a couple of miles offshore and it will be lumpy for the smaller boats. Might be better to defer as Cod are likely to be in 70ft + of water historically on our coast. Lets see how it pans out. 

The Cod/Whiting Comp is only on Sunday as we have a weigh in at Cobbs at 4.15.

Hopefully if it goes ahead, all local Poole boats will make it to Cobbs for a beer and banter, those further a field please make sure your fish weights and photos are in by 4pm on Sunday.. 
If possible txt or what’s app to me 07866532766 or any other committee member.

Weather decision on Saturday morning.

Tight lines

20 hours ago, jerry.shutter said:

The Cod/Whiting Comp is only on Sunday as we have a weigh in at Cobbs at 4.15.

Hopefully if it goes ahead, all local Poole boats will make it to Cobbs for a beer and banter, those further a field please make sure your fish weights and photos are in by 4pm on Sunday.. 
If possible txt or what’s app to me 07866532766 or any other committee member.

Weather decision on Saturday morning.

Tight lines

On 11/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, jerry.shutter said:

The weather for Sunday has fluctuated for the last week.

Today it’s looking ok with a Northerly 10-11mph.

However in the interests of safety I think I have to leave it until Saturday morning to do a final call. We are all in the same situation so bare with me, I’ve bought bait and it’s in the freezer!!!

Fingers crossed we will be able to get out and look for that elusive Cod and a few Whiting.

Jerry

Jerry  I am busy tomorrow, my input is it looks like an improving forecast 10-15mph at worse as an average, wave height 600mm, so I think it is just acceptable. I will be happy if it goes ahead. I will leave it to you to finalise.

8 minutes ago, Mal Thomas said:

Jerry  I am busy tomorrow, my input is it looks like an improving forecast 10-15mph at worse as an average, wave height 600mm, so I think it is just acceptable. I will be happy if it goes ahead. I will leave it to you to finalise.

That's not the attitude Mal, what the hell are you up to that's more important than club comps

See you in the morning :smileys-fish-746921:

Forecast is improving a little, so Graham with two non members (son Wayne and grandson Ashton) will be out there somewhere.

Ive never caught a cod before (apart from while drifting over a wreck on Alfresco many years ago). Is the general opinion that anchoring or drifting is the way to fish for cod? I personally prefer anchoring (but as mentioned, have never caught a cod, maybe thats why?).