Studland

James Lockyer

Twas one of my mates and his son diving. had to dive out the way.........  son torn up on the rocks with ripped wet suit and bruised leg. Very lucky inches from serious disaster. They were well marked and right on the training bank.

Q FB

Anyone who dives Studland training bank be careful, myself and my son were nearly hit by an extremely careless boat owner yesterday evening, ignoring my marker float, totally ignored the red marker posts warning of the shallow reef, we both had to jump out of the way as his boat ground across the top of the rocks. It wasn’t as if it was a cheap couple of grand boat, I’m talking £70-100k yacht. I’ve dived that mark regularly every summer for the last 10 years and have had a few close calls but that was beyond stupidity.

it was absolutely horrific, my boy had to jump out the way otherwise he would have been right under the hull, managed to get away with just a ripped wetsuit and grazes on his leg.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:09 PM, Wedger said:

Twas one of my mates and his son diving. had to dive out the way.........  son torn up on the rocks with ripped wet suit and bruised leg. Very lucky inches from serious disaster. They were well marked and right on the training bank.

Q FB

Anyone who dives Studland training bank be careful, myself and my son were nearly hit by an extremely careless boat owner yesterday evening, ignoring my marker float, totally ignored the red marker posts warning of the shallow reef, we both had to jump out of the way as his boat ground across the top of the rocks. It wasn’t as if it was a cheap couple of grand boat, I’m talking £70-100k yacht. I’ve dived that mark regularly every summer for the last 10 years and have had a few close calls but that was beyond stupidity.

it was absolutely horrific, my boy had to jump out the way otherwise he would have been right under the hull, managed to get away with just a ripped wetsuit and grazes on his leg.

never ceases to amaze me the amount of people with more money than common sense. Glad to hear you were both relatively unharmed.

I will never forget seeing a 40ft sunseeker grind over a pebble bar that i was standing on in chichester harbour. We were out fly fishing the harbour, standing on the bar, when this sunseeker came hammering through the harbour at a big speed, straight towards us and ran straight over the gravel bar and just kept going like nothing had happened.

I will never forget seeing a 40ft sunseeker grind over a pebble bar that i was standing on in chichester harbour. We were out fly fishing the harbour, standing on the bar, when this sunseeker came hammering through the harbour at a big speed, straight towards us and ran straight over the gravel bar and just kept going like nothing had happened.

He was probably training for a drive on the Shotover Jet

My adrenalin junky boat trip

I just need to up my engine power by 600hp to get close.

Did this in 2005 Great fun ...bought my boat following year 🤣