Wheels glorious wheels

Rob

Most of you don't have wheels n your boats, but I do.

I was down my trailer and the wheels every time, but the wheels are always a weak point.

The current ones are looking sad and flaking rust, as they always do after a good few yrs of use.

So I bought some more and thought I'd play the long game. Having had the boat for 16yrs! She is perfect for my needs, thought I'd treat her.

So, bought new wheels before pandemic, only popped to office twice since being sent home. Not that I worked from all the time anyway.

Near work is metalblast and I had spoke to them, in 2019! Today was the day I took my wheels in.

The wheels are to be sand blasted, zinc sprayed, they asked if I wanted them primed etc for painting or powder coating. I said powder coating sounds good, and "do you do that too", they don't, but the guy who does across the road, happend to be in their building! Stroke of luck.

Quoted £75+ for the pair completed, I went with "wheel silver" as I asked for whatever is cheapest.

Prob be a week or two, not to worry as the old ones are still holding up, so far!!

Watch this space.

R

My original white painted ones went rusty pretty quickly and although not dangerously bad I bought new ones.

After some thought I decided to underseal them before fitting.

They look bloody awful but no obvious signs of rust yet.

I expect they would need to be used more often as a proper test though.  :D