Sacrillage........Thinking of selling my Boat

gaffa

The time has come I think to part ways with my old faithful that has given 15 years of service to me.

Before advertising her on the open market I wondered if anyone in the club would  be interested .

Please pm me to show interest or request further info. I am having her valeted at the end of the month so she will be presentable for sale in July.

Locked down for a year+ on top of the dry stack didn't do her any favours in the beauty department

She is currently berthed on the drystack at Cobbs Quay.

She has had engine service including recent cambelt and waterpump and trim tilt motor, high pressure fuel pump and regulator.

Outboard is Mariner 115HP ELPT 4stroke,very reliable with  plenty of power.

Boat is Swedish built RYDS 600AC of an unusual design and very seaworthy and strongly built can touch 30mph  and at approx 6m is trailer-able with the correct setup.

Cabin easily seats 4 and has all mod cons except toilet i.e Diesel heater,sink,alcohol stove,4 windscreen wipers ,solar vents ,cyclops 3 radar reflector plus lots more goodies not yet mentioned.

Boat has Hydraulic trim tabs and steering all working perfectly.

Cockpit will also fish 2 comfortably 3 at a push.

Big plus ...point she fits under the bridges with 2.1m air-draft.

painful to hear!

i would be interested, but my next boat needs to have a head.

And i can confirm that those nordic boats are built to last and can cope with just about anything. I think they build them with those nordic granite shorelines in mind. 

But i am sure you will get a good price for her in the current market. Mark at stingray in cobbs deals in nordic boats and has always struck me as a straight as you can be for a used boat dealer.

Cheers for the invites guys.

I seem to have lost all interest in fishing and boating during this lockdown period..

I'm contemplating a complete clear out of most of my sea fishing equipment and gear.

Looking for a new hobby .

Might change my mind when I see the old boat sparkling again  at the end of the month 

I know what you are going through Pete. It has been a real crap time for all of us and like you I have lost the interest in fishing recently.

All I can advise is that when I got rid of my first boat to raise cash to start our business 20 years ago, I missed it greatly, and bought a new boat three years after.

I now tend to do more leisure boating now with the odd trolling of lures to keep into fishing. I find it a real chore now to get up early and scrabble for bait and all the hassle of cleaning down afterwards. Actually, thinking about, it I think the recent lockdowns and restrictions have made me very lazy when it comes to fishing!!!

I will get back into it again once all the restrictions have been lifted.

I hope you hang in there and would hope to see you at the next club meet.

Cheers

Greg

Cleaning, that's what crew are for! Get 90% done before you get back to base. Maybe you just need new crew!

Good luck Pete if you decide to sell. I don't use mine much, 3 or 4 times a year , prob more in lockdown. But being on the drive costs are a Barr minimum. Just knowing she is there and "could" go out, is warming!

R

I now tend to do more leisure boating now with the odd trolling of lures to keep into fishing. I find it a real chore now to get up early and scrabble for bait and all the hassle of cleaning down afterwards. Actually, thinking about, it I think the recent lockdowns and restrictions have made me very lazy when it comes to fishing!!!

That's how I have always carried out my fishing Greg but I have also got the disincentive of an indeterminate drive time included ;e.g normally 1 to 1&1/4 hrs each way this week took 2hrs to get back as they closed the M27 .I was lucky sat nav told me before i got near it and sent me via Salisbury.

If unlucky it has taken 3.5hrs each way:  I live less than 50miles away😲

Rob,

Mostly go solo so have no access to slave labour for all the skivvying jobs.😋

Cant put mine on my drive local by-law prevents it. No trailer anyway or car rated to tow it so I have to suck up the marina berthing costs.

There are some benefits to being on the dry-stack though .......anodes last a few seasons and no need to anti-foul .

F pontoon used to eat anodes for breakfast .😲

4 hours ago, Tarlach. said:

Depends if you want new grounds to fish. Other wise going to the normal marks would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really a great deal in the Solent.

Sting rays down the west side.

Small breams at sowley.

Some good size bass in the deep hole near Hurst castle.

Plenty of smaller bream just outside ryde. 

Further out you have the overfalls and utopia, nab tower.

Even kingsmere rocks is reachable fairly quickly.

If for fishing reason, I would consider premier or haslar marina in Gosport than Soton.

Not really a great deal in the Solent.

Sting rays down the west side.

Small breams at sowley.

Some good size bass in the deep hole near Hurst castle.

Plenty of smaller bream just outside ryde. 

Further out you have the overfalls and utopia, nab tower.

Even kingsmere rocks is reachable fairly quickly.

If for fishing reason, I would consider premier or haslar marina in Gosport than Soton.

Couldn't agree more Kam.

Southampton water would mean a long trip to the Solent and I've never had much luck catching there  other than weed and a large stingray which I didn't manage to land.

The Hamble Marinas are just Sooooo Expensive

Haslar or Gosport Marinas  would seem to be the most obvious location .

I have only once fished a charter out of Gosport which turned out to be an all day and night affair for no fish.  This was before the days of mobile phones and wife was not happy and worried sick as she thought I was due back at 5pm not the following 5am as it turned out.        

Skipper wanted to catch up on his sleep on board.

If still boating I would prefer to stay in the Poole area but it is such a pain to get to sometimes and parking can be a nightmare.

I’ve fished out of Southampton all my boating life, 13 years now. There are plenty of places to fish within half an hour from the marinas in Southampton waters. I’ve had all my best fish in the solent between Browndown and west lepe. It’s all about getting to know a new area, I’d rather fancy the challenge tbh if I were to relocate. But the fact is, I don’t need to relocate because the solent holds all I need.

Point taken Neil but how do you manage when all the raggies come out to play

Well if you’ve got a black ball and an anchor bouy out they are no trouble. Of course you get the odd arse, but just Chuck a bit of stinky squid at his sails and he gets the message!