Bream Comp 8-9th May

jerry.shutter

Largest Bream 1lb 6oz. Lots of bream but all small. Were visited by the Fisheries vessel and had to give name of boat and fish caught All good and they were very polite.

Highlight of the day was Brad catching a 6lb Smoothound which on light gear was quite fun for him.

Thanks to Rob Samways for putting us on the Bream. Cheers mate.

We tried Poole patch on the Saturday, but it was very lumpy with that easterly and we were getting no bites.  Moved over to Ballard down and anchored a few different spots.  Had about 15 bream between two of us, and two wrasse. As others had, a small selection of bream with only one within legal size probably.

Dan 

33951495-E531-4D96-9AF2-5D04F7635647.jpeg

7236F9F6-EFEA-469C-845B-AEFE67AC785C.jpeg

91EC5D59-B914-432C-AD11-1D8C364F0830.jpeg

DD0D4B6E-27EC-46B5-A538-432E7DE6A661.jpeg

I didn’t register to enter the comp, late Sunday after a very difficult day at work I had to get out no matter what the winds or tides we’re doing

Alan was moored up and advised me to stay well clear of the ledges, he had come through huge swells ( 3 attempts) .

I crawled up the swash, it really was nasty 🤮, back to the harbour to drag up some weed I suppose 😁

Monday 😁wow, a whole day off , I went straight over to Poole outer, anchored ( first time this year) used a very lightweight rod with tiny hooks ( I’m one handed at the moment) **** ( a tale for another thread)  to just get a couple of fish on .

Wrasse was the target, Four species, And a tiny Bream 😀

Also got a visit from the fisheries vessel 👍

On the bad side of the day was the boat traffic, how close do these stupid yacht owners need to come.( would you leave a auto helm switched on with so many vessels around 😤bloody dangerous) 

Why do these stupid jet ski owner need to congregate ( about 10) within 60 feet playing very loud wrap music when they have miles of open sea to play on 🤬

Coming back through the harbour got far worse !,,, 

I suppose that the wrisk of a bank holiday , a great day ruined by the selfishness of others.

87EED606-8C47-450E-A483-E95C10C5FF7C.jpeg

BF5EFCAC-9AFA-4F52-95E9-7D25FE6A04EF.jpeg

0FE01032-F96B-4503-BC51-5BFEE3A11317.jpeg

2FFE096F-C4AD-45E3-93C1-FD4B2E53F806.jpeg

5A48B727-2FCA-46D9-BB76-7BE85D1357B9.jpeg

After many cancellations at last we managed to proceed with the Bream

Comp. Far from perfect weather conditions or tide but well done everyone who joined in.

First place. Alan Green Fisheagle. Black Bream 3lbs

Second place. Colin Frances Boblin Black Bream 2lbs 13oz 

Third Place. Mike Hall Fisheagle Black Bream 2lbs 12oz

Species comp now only a couple of weeks away so let’s hope to be rid of the easterlies by then.

Jerry