What a pair!

Andy135

Well done, that’s just my kind of adventure. I tried for plaice off the Lincolnshire coast a couple of years back. Took the daughters Airedale terrier,who got bored and wandered off up the beach. In the end I finished up blanking but the dog came back with a Plaice. Suggest you get an Airedale!

Gummage

1 hour ago, Gummage said:

Well done, that’s just my kind of adventure. I tried for plaice off the Lincolnshire coast a couple of years back. Took the daughters Airedale terrier,who got bored and wandered off up the beach. In the end I finished up blanking but the dog came back with a Plaice. Suggest you get an Airedale!

Gummage

Love it! A plaice-retrieving terrier! Who knew?! 🤣👍

When I was training gundogs professionally, I had a titled client who would treat me to the odd day on his trout chalkstream river. The bank was very manicured with very large leafed flowering plants bordering the pathway and we used to put trout in the shade of these to be collected on our return. So, a labrador of his that I had in for instruction got the additional training of retrieving trout and he used to hunt ahead of us on our return and bring back the trout we had deposited. This became a party trick of his Lordship with his guests of which he was very proud.

Terry.

7 minutes ago, plaicemat said:

When I was training gundogs professionally, I had a titled client who would treat me to the odd day on his trout chalkstream river. The bank was very manicured with very large leafed flowering plants bordering the pathway and we used to put trout in the shade of these to be collected on our return. So, a labrador of his that I had in for instruction got the additional training of retrieving trout and he used to hunt ahead of us on our return and bring back the trout we had deposited. This became a party trick of his Lordship with his guests of which he was very proud.

Terry.

Ha! I bet that went down well with the visiting gentry! Here's Holly having a good look at some carp in a local nature pond. This photo makes me think she's sizing up whether she could retrieve one 🤣

OlQJ5MA.jpg

I also had a friend's Jack Russel that used to go coarse fishing with me and he would watch the float or rod tip and any movement he would bark. When I retrieved any fish, he would dive in and grab them in the shallows and I will never forget when he did this with an eel. As hard as he gripped, it would still slip through his jaws and I can still see his eyes and the muscles on his jaws bulging in an effort to keep hold. In the end, he let it slip to the ground, turned and pissed on it. Honours even!

Terry.

Ha! I bet that went down well with the visiting gentry! Here's Holly having a good look at some carp in a local nature pond. This photo makes me think she's sizing up whether she could retrieve one 

OlQJ5MA.jpg

Local nature pond indeed.... stop playing it down. That’s your garden lake. I don’t see any dogfish though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk