Mark

Hi everyone, just joined and paid up for the 2021 year. 

My name is Mark and have a Warrior 175 (Skipper) that I launch from Rockley. Been there for the last 2 years since owning the boat...my first one! 

Really looking forward to meeting up with like minded boaty people and particularly looking forward to a few more trips out than last year! I'm not a local lad...live up in Wiltshire so a bit of drive (55 miles)...but get down as often as work allows!

stay safe everyone and I'll see you out on the water!

Mark.

Hi Mark,

I don't know if you remember but I use to have a 175 down Rockley and use to chat to you sometimes ?

I got fed up with Rockley in the summer , sometimes 3 boats wide on the pontoon then all the tackle to unload so went up a level in boat size and now at cobbs on a pontoon, so far i'm loving it.

hope you are well and will see you out there one day

Gary

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Been down to the boat today to her ready for a Sunday trip out...first one in 4 months. Hope to see you out there at some point.

12 hours ago, Gazza said:

Hi Mark,

I don't know if you remember but I use to have a 175 down Rockley and use to chat to you sometimes ?

I got fed up with Rockley in the summer , sometimes 3 boats wide on the pontoon then all the tackle to unload so went up a level in boat size and now at cobbs on a pontoon, so far i'm loving it.

hope you are well and will see you out there one day

Gary

Remember you well Gary, loved your 175...even contemplated getting rid of mine and buying yours 🙂 Does get busy in the summer down there but I get mine out every time as insurance doesn't cover the boat left on the water without me on it. 

Hi Mark, we are practically neighbours! I tow a Dory down fromMarlborough and generally launch at Baiter. Joining the club was the best thing I did. Folks have certainly been sociable and generous with their time, advice etc

hope to catch up you and Skipper anon

Gummage

I may be missing something  but...........

You said . . . . . . . . " busy in the summer down there but I get mine out every time as insurance doesn't cover the boat left on the water without me on it. "

Sometimes they all go home and if you're not back in time your boat stays tied up to the pontoon.

If I'm wrong then just ignore me but please check every possibility and make sure you're covered. Always worth more £'s on the premium to be sure you're protected.

Just my own thoughts.

Jim

19 hours ago, Tiddler said:

I may be missing something  but...........

You said . . . . . . . . " busy in the summer down there but I get mine out every time as insurance doesn't cover the boat left on the water without me on it. "

Sometimes they all go home and if you're not back in time your boat stays tied up to the pontoon.

If I'm wrong then just ignore me but please check every possibility and make sure you're covered. Always worth more £'s on the premium to be sure you're protected.

Just my own thoughts.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I tend to get back in time for the tractor to get me out a, I'm on a trailer...unless I stay out on an all nighter...which isn't too comfortable on a 175! Not had any issues with getting her out yet. Would be a pain if I did miss them though...so something to think about.

9 hours ago, Gazza said:

Hi Jim,

Im not sure about Marks insurance but I know he keeps his boat on his own trailer and uses the tractor to launch not the forklift,

Mark, I too am out on our 1st trip Sunday......looking like a early start early finish with the wind 🌬️

Yeah it's picking up as the day progresses. Have a launch booked for 9 so even if we get a few hours it'll be worth the trip...busting to get out!

Hi Mark

Good to see you join the club, I know we have chatted on face ache and meet each other a couple of times down at Rockley. Hope to see you down there a bit more this year, I know I am going to make an effort to spend more time on the water this year. Good luck.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:34 PM, gonorn said:

Hi Mark

Good to see you join the club, I know we have chatted on face ache and meet each other a couple of times down at Rockley. Hope to see you down there a bit more this year, I know I am going to make an effort to spend more time on the water this year. Good luck.

Likewise mate...last year was a write off wasn't it. Hopefully be a better year this one! 

On 4/1/2021 at 10:07 PM, Mark Laing said:

Hi everyone, just joined and paid up for the 2021 year. 

My name is Mark and have a Warrior 175 (Skipper) that I launch from Rockley. Been there for the last 2 years since owning the boat...my first one! 

Really looking forward to meeting up with like minded boaty people and particularly looking forward to a few more trips out than last year! I'm not a local lad...live up in Wiltshire so a bit of drive (55 miles)...but get down as often as work allows!

stay safe everyone and I'll see you out on the water!

Mark.

Hi Mark, welcome. I am also down at rockley on a trailer. I have a bella 500, and I am even further away, I co.e in from West London!

On 4/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, Death Trap II said:

Hi Mark, welcome. I am also down at rockley on a trailer. I have a bella 500, and I am even further away, I co.e in from West London!

That's some journey mate! Hope to see you down there soon.

7 hours ago, great white said:

Welcome Mark

Tight lines, hope to see you out there at some time

My boat is "Alfresco"

Charlie

Thanks Charlie, great boat name by the way.