Who's the boss

Brian

She doesn't get on with her own family, now not popular with his. I see a pattern with a common factor.

For couple who want to hide from public life they've got a funny way of going about it.

She was a relatively unknown actress, she's now had loads of publicity. Job done !!!

I didn't watch and wouldn't give them the oxygen of my interest. However, thanks to a share from Alfie Tucker in the 'other place', the Australians know how to sum things up succinctly and with no concern for sensibilities.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6237889058001

Terry

On 3/10/2021 at 9:57 AM, Ohgreatone said:

At least Wallace Simpson stayed in the background and declined publicity.

This one is the exact opposite, and will always want more, in her world it's all about Meghan.

I didn't watch either.

I know this is seems to be an important topic for lots of people, but to me it just seems like the country is losing its mind over this.

But on this point of Edward and Mrs Simpson being models of decorum and just stepping gracefully out of the limelight, it is completely untrue. 

The media circus didnt exist back then, and in reality they were they were actively thrusting themselves into global politics. They were Nazi sympathizers and were lobbying US politicians constantly to try to get them to stay out of the war and align with the Nazis.

Not exactly your model patriots. 

Edited by Maverick
deleted swear word

5 hours ago, Death Trap II said:

I know this is seems to be an important topic for lots of people, but to me it just seems like the country is losing its fucking mind over this.

But on this point of Edward and Mrs Simpson being models of decorum and just stepping gracefully out of the limelight, it is completely untrue. 

The media circus didnt exist back then, and in reality they were they were actively thrusting themselves into global politics. They were Nazi sympathizers and were lobbying US politicians constantly to try to get them to stay out of the war and align with the Nazis.

Not exactly your model patriots. 

Yes I agree with all of that except it was Edward driving, Wallis kept in the background whereas it's Meghan driving in this instance with Harry being the support.

It's a bit rich when making a big fuss about privacy etc, then signing a multi million deal with Netflix, Spotify et al and then a 2 hour interview with Oprah about their private lives.

7 minutes ago, Ohgreatone said:

Yes I agree with all of that except it was Edward driving, Wallis kept in the background whereas it's Meghan driving in this instance with Harry being the support.

It's a bit rich when making a big fuss about privacy etc, then signing a multi million deal with Netflix, Spotify et al and then a 2 hour interview with Oprah about their private lives.

I dont want this to look like i am "team sussex's" because i really don't care what they or the royal family do. I do my best to avoid it, but it is getting rammed down my throat from every angle.

I don't understand why everyone cares more about made up stories about a couple than the fact that national press are willing to make up stories about someone (to paint them as a villain) to sell papers because the public will have moved on and forgotten about it by the time the newspapers lose their libel case and are forced to publish a retraction in a small corner on page 27.

I don’t blame them for jumping ship. The British tabloid press are scum of the earth anyway. It was Piers who had Millie Dowlers answerphone accessed for his shite rag, making her parents believe there was a chance it was her and she might still be alive.
They put their joint wealth at around 10-20 million dollars. Not much in the worlds of the elite. Now Harry can ask 1 million dollars per private speaking event, that he couldn’t do as a royal. I’d work one night a week for a million.
Personally I say let em get on with it in the USA.

Can I suggest that those who have not watched the interview ought to do so before relying on the press for so call facts.

Yes, I have now watched the interview, which I would say was badly edited so that it made suggested headlines each time it went to the adverts, as I wanted to make my own opinion and not from the media.

I am not suggesting that the Sussex's were right or wrong to do this but if what was said is half true it puts the people who are supposed to support and help the "family" in a very bad light. 

I would have thought that the palace would have learned from when Diana was around that they can not, these days, just try to sweep things under the carpet, mental heath issues can happen to anyone and even Harry has said he has had issues, even before he meet Megan and not a lot was done to help.

Don't forget that there is/was a whole side of the royals who were put away in an institution that Margaret found out, that was kept quite.

I have to say I thought both of them did not make any bad remarks about the queen in fact they both said she was warm and friendly at all times towards them both.

The media in all its shapes and disguises need to stop printing false news, print facts yes and be able to back it up.

Those who choose to be in the public arena have to expect to be photographed and written about, again if factual, but those same people are entitled to privacy like the rest of us.

If you think there were racist remarks made, those of you who make fun of people with different coloured hair is that not racist?