Ragdoll

4 hours ago, fisherman1055 said:

Welcome Nigel to PBSBAC , I am Tony Club Chairman, jus catching up with the website. As you can see the members are very welcoming and friendly. 

I am also at Cobbs Quay on B12 , but the bat came out today for a wash and brush up , not going back in until ned of April. Please make sure that you use the forum regularly and chat to as many people as possible, this will allow you to get the best out of the Club. This year we hope to have a few activities and socials where members can get together for fishy tales, Covid permitting.  We used to meet at the Oakdale Conservative Club and hope to start monthly meetings again when we are allowed. \info will be posted on the website when we can make plans.

Hi Tony 👋

I rang cobbs today I gotta get my boat out but earliest they can do is 2 weeks from now then I can fit my fishfinder .back 8n the water in 2 days hopefully . They did say I could put it in the cradle and fit the transducer in the dinner break but 8ve never done 9ne before and don't really know what I'm doing so best have it out for 2 days 

2 hours ago, Death Trap II said:

I am not from there, but i have lived in Chiswick, Ealing and now Isleworth for about 25 years.

Not too far from where I came from, Perivale / Alperton.

Gunnersbury Park used to be good day out, some big carp

in there !

Is the chequered flag still in Chiswick?

Came here 31 years ago, never regretted it....

7 minutes ago, sparky said:

Not too far from where I came from, Perivale / Alperton.

Gunnersbury Park used to be good day out, some big carp

in there !

Is the chequered flag still in Chiswick?

Came here 31 years ago, never regretted it....

no fishing in gunnesbury park for some time now. They actually drained all the lakes in front of the house a good many years ago. Only the small pond was left at the bottom corner and the duck pond at the top. But last summer they did a massive refurb of the park and have reinstated the ponds in front of the house after many years of neglect. Such a shame that they left such an historic site fall into disrepair - but it all looks great again now. I use to play cricket and football in Gunnesbury Park, and i took the kids there last weekend. 

Checkered Flag! wow that was a blast from he past. I cant remember if that was even there before i moved into Chiswick. I remember it (maybe from visits before i moved there), but it may have been gone for more than 25 years.

I would love to move to Dorset, but i have a wife, 2 kids and a boat to feed!

The property price differential isnt quite what it used to be! Covid fixed that one.

Problem is jobs, while i can earn a good living in London, not much call for economist/datascientist/investment strategists outside of the big smoke. 

Putting two kids through univerisity is going to cost a pretty packet by the time they go and there probably wont be a state pension by the time i want to retire so it is a case of save, save and save. 

Times have changed. 

But on the plus side, if they get a scholarship, daddy will move to the coast early and buy a huge boat!

49 minutes ago, plaicemat said:

Of course, you could be in local lockdown again when all the a**oles descend on you with the good weather.

Terry.

That's gonna happen anyway,

It's happening already, only gotta look at caravans and campervans in the area .

I can see the main route in from my window ( A31 )