Ragdoll

Hi just joined and paid my yearly fee .I have a boat in cobbs quay mariner only been there for a few weeks went out last week and caught my 1st poole bass 6lb 2 oz on ragworm off brown sea Island (was actually hoping to catch a plaice ) im waiting to get access to the member only part so I can get some info on going out into the bay and going to some fish meets which I'm really looking forward to ! Hoping to get down there in a few days might try getting boat out to fit my new garmin striker 7cv 

Hi FreeDinky and welcome to pbsbac.  Quite a few of us keep our boats at Cobbs and I'm sure you will get to know who they are in time.  What pontoon are you on or are you drystack<

I have not had notification that you have paid up yet but have upgraded your forum status to that of club member so you will now have access to all areas.

BTW my name is Martin, I am the club vice chair and forum admin and your name?

I'm new to these sort of forums I have no idea how to use them lol but I'll learn (some how) when is the next time you guys are going out to the bay ? I tried last week but it was too lumpy I got about 200 yards past the chain ferry and had to turn back .I really want to catch some plaice or a turbot 

Nigel 

59 minutes ago, FreeDinky said:

I'm new to these sort of forums I have no idea how to use them lol but I'll learn (some how) when is the next time you guys are going out to the bay ? I tried last week but it was too lumpy I got about 200 yards past the chain ferry and had to turn back .I really want to catch some plaice or a turbot 

Nigel 

I certainly won't be going out until the end of the month as I live two hours away so can't travel until then but, as soon as I am able, I shall be amongst you. What boat do you have?  Have a look at some old threads which will give an idea of the weather apps we use to help to decide if the weather/tides/wind will be suitable on a given day. Plaice are starting to show although normally they are a bit out of condition at this time as they are just recovering from spawning. I am reliably informed that the smaller to medium ones are o/k with the larger ones showing more effect from the exertions of their breeding. Targeting turbot could be a bit hit and miss, they are not prolific in our area although they do show up now and again, we usually go to Weymouth or Alderney for those.

Keep watching the catch reports, things should start moving soon as the water warms up then you'll have to book a spot on the hotspots. 😀

Terry.

Hi Nigel, I think it may have been you that followed me in and took my short cut 😁?..?
Always happy to help a new member 

We usually hang about on ch 6, give us a shout when you out! ( Doombar/ Pilot 20)

Im trying to plan a few hours out Monday morning, winds allowing.

Possibility of a few Plaice off the piers, Turbot a bit more difficult 😣 

Nigel its a quite time of year and a lot of members do their annual maintenance about now.  My boat is on the hard a Cobbs being relaunched on the 17th March.  As hooky says we monitor ch6.  Call up any "Poole Bay Small Boats" if any members are out they should respond to you.  See you out there

6 hours ago, Maverick said:

Hi FreeDinky and welcome to pbsbac.  Quite a few of us keep our boats at Cobbs and I'm sure you will get to know who they are in time.  What pontoon are you on or are you drystack<

I have not had notification that you have paid up yet but have upgraded your forum status to that of club member so you will now have access to all areas.

BTW my name is Martin, I am the club vice chair and forum admin and your name?

Hi Martin when you going out next ? I'm after going out with another boat  so I can follow and learn the routes and places to fish 🐟

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

Hi Nigel, I think it may have been you that followed me in and took my short cut 😁?..?
Always happy to help a new member 

We usually hang about on ch 6, give us a shout when you out! ( Doombar/ Pilot 20)

Im trying to plan a few hours out Monday morning, winds allowing.

Possibility of a few Plaice off the piers, Turbot a bit more difficult 😣 

Yeah that's it I hit the mud bank and stalled my out board great way to learn ill definitely remember that lol I don't think I'll make Monday I'm working but I was going to try next Saturday but I heard the weathers getting a bit worse later in the week then after that supposed to be hotter than Spain lol ill keep in touch with you see if we can get out and show me the proper way in and out of cobbs lol .... love your new outboard ! Very nice 👌

2 minutes ago, Tiddler said:

Good luck with that Nigel.

I don't get out very often. 🤪

My boat's more a garden ornament than a boat.

Maybe this year I'll get out a bit more ! :smileys-fish-721285:

Jim

I'd meet up with you if you get time to get your boat underway . The weathers going to get really nice next month and I've heard that's when the bream starts ! I love bream fishing I can't wait for it lol . When sun's out and the waves are calm  I'm straight into the bay 😆🤣😂

Welcome Nigel to PBSBAC , I am Tony Club Chairman, jus catching up with the website. As you can see the members are very welcoming and friendly. 

I am also at Cobbs Quay on B12 , but the bat came out today for a wash and brush up , not going back in until ned of April. Please make sure that you use the forum regularly and chat to as many people as possible, this will allow you to get the best out of the Club. This year we hope to have a few activities and socials where members can get together for fishy tales, Covid permitting.  We used to meet at the Oakdale Conservative Club and hope to start monthly meetings again when we are allowed. \info will be posted on the website when we can make plans.

1 hour ago, Death Trap II said:

welcome Nigel. i joined about three years ago, haven't regretted it.

everyone is very helpful and friendly.

I too am looking forward to being able to get down and get out. I live in West London, so i am not allowed to travel to the boat either.

West London ? Whereabouts,as I'm from round that way originally?