Friday 26th and Sat 27th. Feb.

Leicester Fisheagle

Been watching the forecast for a couple of days. Originally hoped Friday would be on but some inconsiderate people have filled up the diary with work - oh well got to pay the mooring fees somehow🙂

Might have a look on Sat if it holds. As you say its a big tide

Nope 

The Yacht Haven at work is still closed, does not look like we will open for a while yet, then the boat will need to come ashore.

Hi Charlie,
I may have missed this, but why is your place closed when all the other marinas are open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I see it at the moment, after 29th March those of us who don’t live close to our boats will be able to travel, however that’s still a grey area.

Had my jab yesterday so that makes me at least feel like we are moving forwards 🥳🥳🥳

As per previous post, if anyone in the know hears anything do please post👍

3 hours ago, jerry.shutter said:

As per previous post, if anyone in the know hears anything do please post👍

I watched the PM's speech to Parliament, Jerry, and it seemed fairly straightforward, apart from the usual exhortation to stay at home if you can. 29th March will be the first date one can leave the home area which would suggest we can go fishing. Like me, I'm sure you can travel to your boat, go fishing and return home without coming into contact with anyone. I can assure you that I shall be travelling to Lyme Regis to collect the new toy!

Terry.

@jerry.shutter, as @plaicematsays, 29th March is when the requirement to stay local goes away, so that's when I'll be heading back down to my boat (I live 90 mins away from the marina). To say I'm gagging for it is an understatement! 😉

49 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@jerry.shutter, as @plaicematsays, 29th March is when the requirement to stay local goes away, so that's when I'll be heading back down to my boat (I live 90 mins away from the marina). To say I'm gagging for it is an understatement! 😉

Likewise, except I am 2 hours away.

Terry.

Hi All

It seems commercial Marinas are public spaces and can open, but Yacht Club ones like ours, are private and therefore cannot.

Bummer, been sat here today watching boats buzzing around the harbour.

One down side of a sunny calm day ,I saw the first jet ski of the season, bloody pests are banned here

Charlie

Hi All

It seems commercial Marinas are public spaces and can open, but Yacht Club ones like ours, are private and therefore cannot.

Bummer, been sat here today watching boats buzzing around the harbour.

One down side of a sunny calm day ,I saw the first jet ski of the season, bloody pests are banned here

Charlie

That doesn’t make a lot of sense does it really , boating is considered acceptable as exercise. So why your not allowed to let members in to their boats is amazing. I can understand keeping the clubhouse etc closed, but access to people’s mental well-being being denied?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went out Fri and Sat for two short sessions over the top of the tides.

Found a few early plaice [in surprisingly good condition !]  but bites were shy in the cold water...and only when the tide eased.

Nasty swell on Sat made the return over the Bar a bit hairy ! ....but the surfers were loving it !

Best bait....those little white rag you find when digging lug.

Bassing next week:smileys-fish-430558:

Thanks Alun,

Those of us sat away from the coast love ANY reports. Something to dream about in the future. Please guys any good bad or indifferent reports, put them in there to keep us landlubbers going😜😜😜

Capt going bonkers

14 hours ago, jerry.shutter said:

Thanks Alun,

Those of us sat away from the coast love ANY reports. Something to dream about in the future. Please guys any good bad or indifferent reports, put them in there to keep us landlubbers going😜😜😜

Capt going bonkers

Agree Jerry

We live just outside Poole now in Wimborne, but I travel to work and see the boat every day

Huge frustration that I cannot use her, had to start gardening yesterday instead, 

Jerry makes a good point about enjoying other people's reports, especially if not able to get out, so albeit a bit late...

Saturday the weather was great but the fishing not so. It didn't matter as it was nice to be out in T-shirt weather.

Someone had parked a great big cruise liner where I intended to fish so I went a bit further and dropped the hook.

I expected a fierce ebb tide at some point but apart from the middle hour or so it wasn't too bad.

Aside from few whiting and dogfish the only interest fish-wise was a 2lb brill which was most welcome. When I got back to Cobbs I tied up on the quay-side of F to wash down while the tide rose enough to get back to the mooring on the other side. Lovely day out 😎

20210227_112803.jpg