Alderney 2021...

Steve S

Here's the latest announcement from the States of Alderney.

The following release has just been issued by the States of Alderney:
Press Release
Date: 15th June 2021
Alderney ready for changes to travel restrictions
Close collaboration with Aurigny and the port authorities has enabled Alderney to put in place a new arrivals system to welcome people travelling direct from the Common Travel Area (CTA) on or after July 1st.
The Civil Contingencies Authority (CCA) has announced that passengers arriving from the CTA ‘Blue’ zone who have had both vaccine doses and 14 days have passed since their second dose, will not be required to have a test or self-isolate. However, proof of vaccination is required along with travel tracker information.
The Blue zone includes the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and Jersey.
Aurigny staff at Southampton Airport will offer passengers the opportunity to complete travel tracker information before boarding and will check proof of vaccination documentation before boarding, whether flying direct to Alderney or via Guernsey. They will not be allowed to board without a completed travel tracker.
With direct flights to and from Southampton resuming on July 1st, a new arrivals system and testing centre will be in place at Alderney Airport, staffed by a Welcome Team. Passengers arriving from Southampton will be directed to a portacabin adjacent to the apron where their documentation will be checked. For those who do not have this information and will be required to self-isolate, testing facilities will be provided.
Those who show proof of being fully vaccinated will be able to pass through without further restrictions.
Passengers arriving from Guernsey will go through the existing arrivals procedure. However, travellers arriving in Alderney from within the CTA but via Guernsey, identified by their travel tracker information, will be directed to the new Covid-19 arrivals area. Transit passengers will not be permitted to use charter vessels or the Little Ferry to reach Alderney.
The harbour will have a fully operational testing centre for ferry passengers transiting through Guernsey and for visiting yachts.
Pleasure boats arriving from outside Bailiwick waters with anyone on board who does not have vaccination proof or has incomplete travel tracking information will be directed to an isolation buoy and given a time to come ashore for tests.
Charter vessels from the UK are required to pre-register their arrival and ensure all passengers have completed travel tracking, which can be carried out on board if necessary, and ensure they have the required vaccination proof.
The CCA has varied its original plans to lift restrictions for those arriving from the CTA because it has been shown that those who have received two vaccine doses are better protected than those who have received a single dose.
People travelling from the UK or other parts of the CTA who are not yet fully vaccinated will continue to be subject to the category requirements – as now – based on the rate of prevalence in the country or region they are travelling from.

Terry.

16 hours ago, plaicemat said:

Here's the latest announcement from the States of Alderney.

The following release has just been issued by the States of Alderney:
Press Release
Date: 15th June 2021
Alderney ready for changes to travel restrictions
Close collaboration with Aurigny and the port authorities has enabled Alderney to put in place a new arrivals system to welcome people travelling direct from the Common Travel Area (CTA) on or after July 1st.
The Civil Contingencies Authority (CCA) has announced that passengers arriving from the CTA ‘Blue’ zone who have had both vaccine doses and 14 days have passed since their second dose, will not be required to have a test or self-isolate. However, proof of vaccination is required along with travel tracker information.
The Blue zone includes the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and Jersey.
Aurigny staff at Southampton Airport will offer passengers the opportunity to complete travel tracker information before boarding and will check proof of vaccination documentation before boarding, whether flying direct to Alderney or via Guernsey. They will not be allowed to board without a completed travel tracker.
With direct flights to and from Southampton resuming on July 1st, a new arrivals system and testing centre will be in place at Alderney Airport, staffed by a Welcome Team. Passengers arriving from Southampton will be directed to a portacabin adjacent to the apron where their documentation will be checked. For those who do not have this information and will be required to self-isolate, testing facilities will be provided.
Those who show proof of being fully vaccinated will be able to pass through without further restrictions.
Passengers arriving from Guernsey will go through the existing arrivals procedure. However, travellers arriving in Alderney from within the CTA but via Guernsey, identified by their travel tracker information, will be directed to the new Covid-19 arrivals area. Transit passengers will not be permitted to use charter vessels or the Little Ferry to reach Alderney.
The harbour will have a fully operational testing centre for ferry passengers transiting through Guernsey and for visiting yachts.
Pleasure boats arriving from outside Bailiwick waters with anyone on board who does not have vaccination proof or has incomplete travel tracking information will be directed to an isolation buoy and given a time to come ashore for tests.
Charter vessels from the UK are required to pre-register their arrival and ensure all passengers have completed travel tracking, which can be carried out on board if necessary, and ensure they have the required vaccination proof.
The CCA has varied its original plans to lift restrictions for those arriving from the CTA because it has been shown that those who have received two vaccine doses are better protected than those who have received a single dose.
People travelling from the UK or other parts of the CTA who are not yet fully vaccinated will continue to be subject to the category requirements – as now – based on the rate of prevalence in the country or region they are travelling from.

Terry.

I googled Travel Tracker and see that there is one for Guernsey

So I have opened an account for that one.

https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel/traveltracker

You go through the process and then it says that you cannot complete the application until 2 day prior to your journey.

I hope that this is correct and at least we will know if the weather will be good enough by then.

Charlie

2 hours ago, plaicemat said:

Thanks for that Charlie, I was going to circulate that to everyone as some do not read the forum every day, that makes it easier. I will still do that just to be on the safe side.

Terry.

You are welcome Terry

Regarding evidence of the vaccinations, I presume that the NHS Covid-19 Vaccination record card is all that is required.

As it shows the type, batch number and date injected

But it only has a hand written name on it.

55 minutes ago, great white said:

You are welcome Terry

Regarding evidence of the vaccinations, I presume that the NHS Covid-19 Vaccination record card is all that is required.

As it shows the type, batch number and date injected

But it only has a hand written name on it.

Alternatively, if you have the NHS app installed on your 'phone (NOT the NHS Covid 19 app), once you have signed in, it shows your vaccination record and you don't have a piece of paper to misplace. Obviously, if you have an aversion to Government apps, you will have to stick to the paper one.

Here is the advise from which you will see that the app is by far the least onerous of the alternatives. The little appointment card is NOT valid! https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

Terry.

Anybody want a good laugh? I tried to open a travel tracker account, filled in my email address and was told a verification code would be sent to my email address. Two days later, nothing so I called the Guernsey authorities and, eventually, got through to the tracker department. "Can you send me a verification code please", oh no, I don't think we can do that, it's automatic. But don't worry about it, (here it comes), if you can't sign in before you arrive, there will be a welcome committee when you arrive who will sort it out for you. Really? Probably! Can I speak to someone who knows the situation. No, the manager isn't in until Monday, he's gone fishing, I'll get him to give you a call

Does anyone think I should feel confident? Me neither so I opened another account with a different email address and that worked fine. Hopefully, all good to go.

Terry.

I struggled as well even with my nhs number.  My iphone wouldn't open to take photos when requested.  Sent a message to the helpline, their response was useless.  In the end I registered through my pc with my old Samsung phone attached to upload the necessary info.  Did it in the end but what a work up.  Have now downloaded my piece of vaccine proof but don't think I will need it going up Southampton water and the river Hamble :neutral:

My experience was a bit more positive. I downloaded the NHS app to my smartphone, entered my email, DOB and NHS number, received and entered a confirmation code and was good to go, with Covid history all available and accurate. 5 minutes from start to finish.

also registered with the Guernsey State travel app and now ready for Alderney………..

Ian

4 hours ago, Maverick said:

Did you not have to upload a photo and a video? that's what I found to be a pain.  All done now though and have the proof that I may never need :rolleyes:

No, no photo or video, are you sure you were on the official NHS app. Did you have to wear clothes for the photo and video? 😉

Terry.

27 minutes ago, great white said:

That is what I was struggling with Martin 

Took the photo but could not get  video to work

Trying to work out what the photo and video are about, I just filled out my name, email and NHS number and from there it was plain sailing. Are you both on Apple phones? Perhaps Android is more straightforward. The again, it's the NHS app so there should be no difference.

Terry.

Terry it was when getting as far as logging in to gain access to records, it asked for additional security, but then would not let me set it up.

Like Martin 

I have just used my laptop, with my phone just to get their access code when requested

It was a simple process went straight through, using my android phone the video for facial recognition would not work.

Using the camera on my laptop took about two minutes.

I have had no problems with the NHS app nor the Guernsey tracker.  

If you are being requested a photo then I don't think you are using the NHS app, it does not request that, you do need your NHS number. If you don't know it your local surgery should have it.

The NHS app is quite handy, I was already using it, I can access my medical records, vaccinations going back a very long time, results of tests eg blood and medicines being taken. It took a few weeks for all that to appear as Southampton hospital have to enter the details, for those in Dorset it will be Poole/Bournemouth hospital. To the lucky ones who have absolutely no medical issues at all it would be less useful!

Ah, I think I see the problem, I use fingerprint for security which worked fine. Dilys occasionally has problems with face recognition, she can't use fingerprint as her fingers are too small to give a reading, it doesn't seem to be as precise as fingerprints with too many variables.

Terry.

I called in at my surgery on my way home from work and signed on for their online services, which is the alternative way to get this done, all worked.

Dave popped around later last night, his seemed to go through straight away with the photo and video.

Looks like there are many ways to get this done. But at least its done now and we both have proof of vaccinations. 

There it is! I've been on online services with my surgery from the beginning and assumed everyone else was as it's so convenient for making appointments, getting results etc. I do recall signing in during the process.

Terry.