Alderney 2021...

Steve S

1 hour ago, plaicemat said:

Right, update on accommodation. I have managed so far to secure 3 rooms at one of my usuals but I await definite confirmation when the covid circumstances are confirmed on the island, which is behind Guernsey in making a decision; no change there then. At present, we would have to go to Guernsey first and get tested, isolate there for a day and then go to Alderney, a no goer I would have thought. This is due to change in the next week apparently so Mel will call me ASAP thereafter. I have more options but cannot get hold of the other good option but will keep trying but, in the meantime, can people please let me know how many beds will be required and bear in mind that I don't think singles are going to be an option unless you make your own arrangements.

Terry.

Hi terry i woukd be interested in coming with my cousin who always comes out with me on my boat from cobbs is this allowed or do they have to be a club member ? Also this is some thing we would love to do but we dont know if there is much room going on the boats still ? If some one can let me know if we could get on one of their boats we can work out the rest . 

Cheers 

Further update. Guernsey and therefore Alderney are opening up to visitors from Great Britain (as opposed to the UK) on the 1st July so we have just made it. However, accommodation is going to be tight, I have tried most of my regulars and am still left with the 3 rooms I secured earlier. I am happy to go further but one of them has changed hands so he doesn't appreciate the requirements I try to secure and the others are fairly unknown quantities so I can only book definite rooms so a commitment to going will be required as deposits will have to be paid in advance. So far I have the crew of Tigerfish and Dave Evans x 3. It is obviously going to be VERY busy as it's the first weekend of unlocking so the ball's in your court.

Terry.

20 hours ago, plaicemat said:

Further update. Guernsey and therefore Alderney are opening up to visitors from Great Britain (as opposed to the UK) on the 1st July so we have just made it. However, accommodation is going to be tight, I have tried most of my regulars and am still left with the 3 rooms I secured earlier. I am happy to go further but one of them has changed hands so he doesn't appreciate the requirements I try to secure and the others are fairly unknown quantities so I can only book definite rooms so a commitment to going will be required as deposits will have to be paid in advance. So far I have the crew of Tigerfish and Dave Evans x 3. It is obviously going to be VERY busy as it's the first weekend of unlocking so the ball's in your court.

Terry.

Impressive planning and effort Terry. 👍

Unfortunately Jersey Girl is already committed elsewhere on the first weekend of July, so I'll have to withdraw. Tight lines to all who make it over there 🎣🎣

Right, I am assuming that, due to the lack of input, there are only two boats planning to go to Alderney on the 2nd July and, in that case, I have sufficient accommodation reserved for the 6 people. I do have access AT THE PRESENT TIME to more but this is likely to dry up rapidly as the Island is opening up on the 1st July and there are a lot of enquiries flooding in, not counting charters which I assume will be keen to go.

Basically, this is your final call for me to arrange rooms, leave it 'till later and you're on your own!

Terry.

So that will be Reel Magic and Tigerfish, two Alderney stalwarts with Charlie another regular hitching a ride on Dave's chariot.

You've have done a great job with the accommodation Terry, many thanks.

Personally I can't wait to get over there, it will really feel like the world is getting back to normal. I'm kinda curious what sort of reception we will get on the Island.

Hopefully nearer the time all we will have to worry about is the weather!