Alderney 2021...

Steve S

Happy New Year but what we want to know is it going to be a goer for Alderney and if so when! I wish I had the answers. For those that aren't aware currently to land on Alderney or Guernsey (not Jersey) requires going into 14 day quarantine, hardly conducive to a 4 day fishing trip! I can't say I blame them but it doesn't do much for their economy.

I'm going to assume as some point this year travel to Alderney without quarantine will be permissible. No point suggesting suitable dates at the point, however, it would be good to get an idea how many are wanting to go.

I'm hoping to take Tigerfish over in May, or any month after that over a neap tide up till August once quarantine requirements are dropped, anyone else?

• 3 months later...

Even though I've only met a couple of guys in passing along f pontoon I'd absolutely love to be involved in going to alderney if any one ever sorts a trip out there! I can chip in with the fuel costs I'm not worried about making tea and I'm hardly ever sea sick unless it's proper rough swell above 2 inches or so 🤣 no only joking ... if there's ever a chance to come out on some ones boat I'd jump at the chance and be part of the crew if needs be . I got a mca boat masters license if that's any help too lol 

I'll need to book time off work so are we saying 3rd July onward for a trip? I'll book the week off and go when / if a 3 day window allows?

It's been years since we did a proper PBSBAC convoy over to Alderney so would be good to get a few boats together - it's the furthest most of us will get this year for a holiday!

2 hours ago, Adam F said:

Might be worth looking at accommodation now - you can imagine their being quite an influx after lock-down easing?....

We are onto it, Alun has contacted Mark but due to personal circumstances, his will not be available. I will dig out my fact sheet of understanding lodgings and try to put something together.

Terry.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, update on accommodation. I have managed so far to secure 3 rooms at one of my usuals but I await definite confirmation when the covid circumstances are confirmed on the island, which is behind Guernsey in making a decision; no change there then. At present, we would have to go to Guernsey first and get tested, isolate there for a day and then go to Alderney, a no goer I would have thought. This is due to change in the next week apparently so Mel will call me ASAP thereafter. I have more options but cannot get hold of the other good option but will keep trying but, in the meantime, can people please let me know how many beds will be required and bear in mind that I don't think singles are going to be an option unless you make your own arrangements.

Terry.