Navionics Chart View

Coddy

For those who like to see charts and make plans for their next trip you use a free chart viewer here

It seems to be fairly up to date showing the marine conservation areas plus a few fishing marks when you zoom in far enough 

click here https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#boating@9&key=gnetHn}uJ

Hope it helps some people 

8 hours ago, Coddy said:

For those who like to see charts and make plans for their next trip you use a free chart viewer here

It seems to be fairly up to date showing the marine conservation areas plus a few fishing marks when you zoom in far enough 

click here https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#boating@9&key=gnetHn}uJ

Hope it helps some people 

Thanks Dave

Does anyone know how to see a lat long position on this?

4 hours ago, great white said:

Thanks Dave

Does anyone know how to see a lat long position on this?

Charlie, I couldn't find Lats & Longs on the Navionics Web App viewer either, and I've been using it for years. I suspect you may have to download the Navionics Boating App for your phone/tablet. The Web App viewer is good, but a bit bare bones - it doesn't have the full functionality of the paid-for version.

However, you can find accurate lats & longs on the DORIS site here: https://www.dorsetwildlifetrust.org.uk/doris

Below is an image of where to find the co-ordinates when using the DORIS viewer. Note that the co-ords will reference the location that your mouse is over - move your mouse and the co-ords change. I find it useful for mousing over a wreck on the map, then noting the location 👍

UsGQUXb.jpg

Thanks Andy

I have used webcreate for years to transfer the info from my Lowrance plotter to and from PC and Laptop. Lowrance uses Navionics card.

Also use the Garmin one from my other plotter to from the PC/laptop

when I first had this boat I used to spend hours researching numbers and collecting marks from other fisherman and Divers, so much so that Lowrance is full. LOL

I had Navionics on my phone and tablet for a while but that is not very user friendly in my opinion and I would rather use the plotters.

It can be handy to have though, we got a bit of info from it last year when having a beer in the evenings at the fish camp at Skerjvoy in Norway

Its just the system to transfer the information with SD cards that does not appear to work as well as it used to