Species and Specimen Comp for PBSBAC 24th + 25th October

jerry.shutter

I have just read your recent post Charlie, very interesting.

As far as I am aware MDL are closing there marinas on Thursday. As far as I can see and understand, I cannot see that the Comp this coming weekend will be able to happen.

However if other marinas stay open!!!!!

I think everyone should take it that very sadly we will postpone the Species Competition until we get clarification that we can use our boats again.

Jerry apparently Cobb's are not closing the marina and are continuing to work as per normal.  The only thing that may stop us using our boats is PHC or bridge lifts

Is this an MDL across the board decision Martin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil I don't know if its across the board.  I have heard of a few people that have asked the question at cobbs and all got the same answer open as normal but then, the boatyard next door said they would remain open unless the police knocked on their door and told them to close so I guess cobbs may have felt obliged

Neil I don't know if its across the board.  I have heard of a few people that have asked the question at cobbs and all got the same answer open as normal but then, the boatyard next door said they would remain open unless the police knocked on their door and told them to close so I guess cobbs may have felt obliged

Ok thanks. I’ll assume Hamble will be shut and the. anything else will be a pleasant pleasant surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At work we have to follow RYA interpretations of the Gov guidance.

As I type they have told us that recreational boats can only be used from public places. Apparently Clubs, Boatyards and Marinas are not public spaces

I have had to send out notices stopping Members using their boats

but it may well change again

unless it does, much to our disappointment when there are toothy critters about, Alfresco will have to drop out.

The Marina Manager cannot tell his berth holders to stay put and then bugger off fishing.

Just to warn everyone, the marine police have been asking mariners out on their boats, where they have come from, home location and where they launched.

It seems that travelling a distance to get to your boat or towing it a distance is not allowed under the current restrictions and you might be fined!

The question is how far is unreasonable distance??????

Seems there was an incident in the harbour today, 5/11/20 regarding a anglers boat which broke down having launched from baiter

I don't know all the details but the marine police were involved. 

All seems a minefield. AT's response is family member or in your bubble or skipper and one other person allowed on the boat providing you keep social distance apart.

18 hours ago, fisherman1055 said:

I have contacted PHC for their view on recreational angling during lockdown, will post their reply when I get it

Thank you for your enquiry.
Please bear with us as many of our staff have been Furloughed and we are working hard to respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible.
If your enquiry is urgent or you are reporting an incident please contact Harbour Control on : 01202 440230

I have spoken with Harbour Control who say they will not be stopping any one going out during lockdown.

She told me that it is down to the Police as they would be enforcing this.

Trying to find some info from their website.

We are being asked not to phone the Police about what we can and cant do as there are so many calls they are blocking their lines.

I will post any updates if I get them.

1 hour ago, fisherman1055 said:

I have spoken with Harbour Control who say they will not be stopping any one going out during lockdown.

She told me that it is down to the Police as they would be enforcing this.

Trying to find some info from their website.

We are being asked not to phone the Police about what we can and cant do as there are so many calls they are blocking their lines.

I will post any updates if I get them.

I spoke to a very nice, helpful lady at PHC this morning who gave me the exact same answer.

She was waiting to hear from Dorset police today who are going to Salters apparently.

Totally agree with Stuies comments, it really does need clarifacation 

37 minutes ago, Greg said:

I just don’t know where to turn, I just don’t know, I just don’t know !!!!!

I need a lie down 😴

You and me both Greg.

I have had three long evening zoom meetings about this subject this week. we have just published something to Members of the Yacht Club.

Wendy and I just returned from a nice walk and I have an email from the BMF with advice from DEFRA that seems to be the opposite of what we were acting on.

Confusing or what.

Charlie