Boat wanted

2006holmwood

For what it's worth, most 16.5 ft boats with a well set up trailer should be straightforward to launch single-handedly. I should know, as I used to launch mine solo when I first started out. Preparation is key to an easy solo launch, as is good trailer maintenance.

1 hour ago, 2006holmwood said:

Being a 77 year old and launching at Baiter slip is not fun. I don't have the money to pay for dry stack or a pontoon. I like the fun of a rib and it's cheap to use. 

I drew the line at baiter years ago and always launched at Christchuch, much more user friendly and good parking if you can work around the tides which, being retired at 59, I was able to do.

Terry.

11 hours ago, plaicemat said:

I drew the line at baiter years ago and always launched at Christchuch, much more user friendly and good parking.

What's the issue with baiter (never seen it done there), just looks a bit shallow and I guess can get busy on a hot day with jet skis.

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, 2006holmwood said:

Got one ,

Bought an XS500 Rib 

Now need to fit all the bits and pieces, rod holders etc.

Nice one well done

When you have fitted all the bits can you send me a photo to show the guys at work. as you know we have a few of those boats.

a couple of the staff fish and may be interested on how to modify a Club RIB. LOL

8 hours ago, great white said:

Nice one well done

When you have fitted all the bits can you send me a photo to show the guys at work. as you know we have a few of those boats.

a couple of the staff fish and may be interested on how to modify a Club RIB. LOL

Will do, Thanks for your help