C-Map's new Reveal layer & sea floor images

Andy135

I recently invested in a C-Map Max N+ card with their new Reveal layer - one of the guys in my club had sent round a Whatsapp image of his plotter showing some amazing images of the sea floor so I wanted to see for myself. I consider myself a Navionics fan because of their detailed contours, but the C-Map Reveal sea floor interpretation takes this to the next level.

This first image is just south of the Owers, off Selsey Bill. That great big hole shows up nice and clearly, including the steep face of the NNW wall of the hole. Got to be worth a drift over that.
6pcWAay.png

And below is a close up of the wreck from the image above.
Ko3fwvf.png

Here's an image of a wreck that I had marked on my plotter already showing good correlation between my bow and stern marks and the underlying sea floor mapping.
nLMmAnN.png

I reckon C-Map have licensed some of the sea-floor mapping data from the DORIS site as the C-Map coverage (or rather the gaps in coverage) of the St Catherine's Deep area are pretty much identical to DORIS's, which can't be a coincidence.

The Reveal layer could be a great way to find that little patch of unfished rough ground that doesn't show up on a regular chart. I already have a few marks picked out in my neck of the woods to try out. The card I bought covers the south coast  and most of the east and west coasts. I've yet to take a look at the coverage of Poole Bay and surrounding area but will post up some images shortly. Anyone have any requests for places they want to see?

16 minutes ago, Tarlach. said:

Andy your such a Dwain Dibley emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

c7774c3e69db27818b821c1583cc2819.jpg

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🤣🤣🤣 Now there's a blast from the past!!

Guilty as charged! I find all this stuff fascinating. If I get all geeky about mapping and sounder technology then no-one notices that I can't catch fish!

Now there's a blast from the past!!

Guilty as charged! I find all this stuff fascinating. If I get all geeky about mapping and sounder technology then no-one notices that I can't catch fish!

Don’t you panic my friend, I’ll ALWAYS be here to remind the masses !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk