Outboard Anode

Brian

41 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Wow! Scary stuff.

Used to get the same at F17 Brian, it all started about 4 years ago, it seemed to start after EXTRA electrical sockets were added to F pontoon!!

That's why I added 2 more onto my rudder to  combat the problem.

29 minutes ago, Rob said:

Can they identify if a specific boat is leaking?

Is it possible to measure? Surely it must be, unplug a few boats until leak drops!!!

R

It was tested several years back Rob, as was the whole marina .

There are " hot spots" around the marina apparently!

Best answer I could get, then I moved my boat .

Makes you wonder as several members have had problems with props etc

When we were in Poole haven a few years ago they had a leak. They checked every boat in the marina at no cost to owners. They were very good and sorted the problem. I think you should lobby the management at Cobbs to get things sorted before someone gets an expensive bill for damage caused by the leak.

I'm not on shore power, there's no electric available on the far end of F pontoon where I am. I was moved temporarily while they were dredging. I was thinking about changing berths, but I've now decided I'd rather walk further than have this problem.

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

I'm not on shore power, there's no electric available on the far end of F pontoon where I am. I was moved temporarily while they were dredging. I was thinking about changing berths, but I've now decided I'd rather walk further than have this problem.

Neither was I, but still got really bad wear on anodes.

When I was on F pontoon I was on F167 next to yours.

You must be in a lucky spot because I had to change most of my anodes twice a year.😢

Outboard anodes weren't  too much of a  problem because I kept OB raised so not all were in the water.

Regular need to change anodes was one reason I went to dry stacking that and there was no need to anti-foul.

I remember that there was boat about 5 berths down that always has a big anode dropped over the stern and wired to the battery negative when he was on the berth.