More kts please

Ben

Looking to get the boat out shortly (ocquteau 735 running a 200 nanni) looking to get the blade pitched differently and also looking to put on some trim tabs what size tabs do I put on and are adjustable ones better ???? Just looking to try and get a few more kts from it .......any experiences or advise would be great. Cheers all

Hi Ben, I don't know much about trim tabs or prop pitch but I would have thought you should be getting 20kts plus out of that as it is. I have the same engine in a MF 805 and that just nudges 20kts at full throttle (no trim tabs). Hope that's of some use to you. 

Ben get hydraulic trim tabs or electrically operated blades both are adjustable to the conditions and won't catch you out in a following sea (if you remember to retract)  Get a set that automatically retract when you turn off the ignition, they may all do that now but never used to which led to damage on Awol when she was retrieved on drystack. The fixed type of trim tabs are not adjustable during a day out and awkward to retract in a larger boat. If your prop needs repitching I believe Darglow engineering at Holton Heath can do this.  1" of pitch equates to roughly 200rpm failing them send it to Clements Marine

trim tabs wont make it go any faster, 

Beg to differ

My Bennet hydraulic tabs can adjust the planing angle to bring the bow down towards horizontal and once the sweet spot is reached the speed really picks up requiring a throttle back to prevent submarining the wave ahead.

With an outboard its all a balance of trim and tab and throttle to get the best benefits in any sea condition.

Wouldn't be without mine

Ben get hydraulic trim tabs or electrically operated blades both are adjustable to the conditions and won't catch you out in a following sea (if you remember to retract)  Get a set that automatically retract when you turn off the ignition, they may all do that now but never used to which led to damage on Awol when she was retrieved on drystack.

Thoroughly agree with Martins comment

If I ever have to replace mine i would get a set that auto retracted and also indicated the tab position on the controls

Forgot to fully raise my tabs once and drystack lift burst a ram so always check now