Bank Holiday Weekend

Coddy

My first car was a 1937 Morris 8, WITH A SUNROOF! Next came a Singer LeMans drop head coupé, Morris Minor 1000 convertible, Morris Oxford Estate and a Morris Minor Countryman. Great old cars. I passed my test in a Vauxhall Viva HA (with the sporty short gear stick). I wish I still had the Singer, worth a bloody fortune now.

Terry.

7ebceda445959004f817a301876b1378.jpg

My mate Boz bought one of these for not very much, it had a De Villiers 250cc engine. He bought it in Winton, drove it down the hill at the end of Moordown followed the road round to the left, proceeded to roll it right across the road onto the grass! got out, left it and walked home. He drove it for all of a mile then wrote it off on the first bend he came to.

A couple of days later at night he retrieved the engine, god knows why. It had an electric start which didn't work but there was kick start you could use if you opened the bonnet clambered on top and shove your leg in the innards. That was how he got it started to drive home, quite how someone disabled was supposed to do that wasn't clear...

A death trap of the first order.

I had a friend at school who bought a pale blue invalid car like that Steve, not old enough to drive on the road he stripped it right back to the chassis, which was a square metal platform basically, it had all the clutch, gears, accelerator on the steering and was not easy to master. It used to pull wheelies and was lethal but good fun on the school playing fields- most of the time🙈🙈

He then got into sugar and weed killer and put a rocket booster on it🤣🤣🤣🤣

He was the son of an eminent member of the cloth, the trike never survived the rocket!!!!!

Its turned into an interesting and entertaining thread Dave, to cheer folk up for the week end, i have come to the conclusion if you need a lift ask Jim, could be quite good fun,   BUT  under no circumstancies get in a vheicle with Niggle, he"s a wrecker!    does anyone know if the lifeboat follows him out to sea?     Just kidding  Niggle, but i wonder what you said to your dad when you got home after you bad luck,        I"ve done it again dad,  may be ?               Carefull Colin