Wire Cable Advice Please

jerry.shutter

went to the boat show with a mate who wanted to buy a new Lochin 33 [Not Cheap but in budget]

They were not at the show so he was looking at an alternative, he was in his scruffs to give the boat a good looking over and the idiot salesman kept telling him off for opening lockers and asking questions.

Last words from a well known ex Member were F### this as he stomped off up the jetty.

In the words in a famous movie "Big Mistake"

Never judge a book by its cover!!

I really used the anchor hard yesterday, it cut the mega duty cable ties twice when coming over the roller so still not there.

I think I will have to bite the bullet and go to a rigger like Steve has.

Martin if you would like to try my mark one version your very welcome.

8 hours ago, great white said:

went to the boat show with a mate who wanted to buy a new Lochin 33 [Not Cheap but in budget]

They were not at the show so he was looking at an alternative, he was in his scruffs to give the boat a good looking over and the idiot salesman kept telling him off for opening lockers and asking questions.

Last words from a well known ex Member were F### this as he stomped off up the jetty.

In the words in a famous movie "Big Mistake"

Similar thing with a salesman in Poole centre.  I went to Anglesey  to buy something he told me were not available. ( He's not there anymore ) ( Nothing to do with me ) :)

Maybe you need to make the join between the anchor and the swivel rigid somehow so that the chain doesn't come at such a 90 deg angle ?

maybe some sacrificial hose/ally tube or similar but slit lengthways so it still trips ?

hopefully some of you buddy engineers might understand me:flushed:

just a thought but trying to help.......and waiting for the solution:lol:

Best of luck

Gary