Photo of the Century

lofty

To give us a bit of inspiration.
Go back over your images of your fishing trips and post your photos of past great catches over the last 20 years. No limit to how many you want to post. Post them an image at a time. To vote for them press like. Completion to run until the first of June. Go into your archives. Any great catch you’ve got an image of please share below
Lofty

IMG_0654.thumb.JPG.69e86865735358c26378fedf25dba707.JPG

6th April 2008 (exactly 12 years ago today), Bream fishing the ledge in a snow storm on John Skeggs old charter boat. Most of the guys were just drinking tea in the cabin! When we came back in the land was white and the kids in the road had built snowmen! As I recall we caught 3 bream of no great size.

IMG_0654.thumb.JPG.69e86865735358c26378fedf25dba707.JPG

6th April 2008 (exactly 12 years ago today), Bream fishing the ledge in a snow storm on John Skeggs old charter boat. Most of the guys were just drinking tea in the cabin! When we came back in the land was white and the kids in the road had built snowmen! As I recall we caught 3 bream of no great size.

Keep these old photos coming chaps. Dave and his barn door are leading but plenty of time to post up a cracking catch photo from the last 20 years

1701654978_Tarpon170lbMay1999.thumb.jpg.7513d5444d5d036c50f51cfa15620c42.jpg

Tarpon of 170lb, caught on a swimmer crab on the ocean side of Islamorada  May 1999. It was my first tarpon and a whopper. I first knew something was up when I saw a huge tarpon leap high into the air about 50m away making a big arc against the sky... then my line started running off the reel, after 5 days of trying over two trips to the keys I was starting to lose hope, to say I was slow on the update is an understatement! 

Forty minutes later I was knackered but so was the tarpon, as it was my first one and huge specimen to boot, I was super keen to get a photo of the fish and me with it so jumped off the boat. I wouldn't do it again as I only thought about the sharks later!