Who’s having a bad day?

Kingfisher 126

47 minutes ago, Mark Bassett said:

Thats taking "Lockdown" to the extreme!

Hi Mark, Mal Thomas here. Just to let you know the 695 merry fisher is still going well. We have done a lot to it and she fits the bill.

However I keep looking at OHANA that's a nice bit of kit. 

49 minutes ago, Mal Thomas said:

Hi Mark, Mal Thomas here. Just to let you know the 695 merry fisher is still going well. We have done a lot to it and she fits the bill.

However I keep looking at OHANA that's a nice bit of kit. 

Hi Mal,

Good to hear from you, and glad to hear the 695 is doing you well. As you know I didn't get much use in the time I had her, but what I did get I loved, as it worked well for me given I'm mostly single handed.

I bought OHANA last summer, having sold the Monterey given I'd decided to give up boating (again!)..............well that lasted about three weeks before the need to be back on the water took over!

Only been out on her three times I think, plus the run back from Southampton where she came from. Not entirely sure if I've bought the right boat for me, but only because I'm more familiar with sports boats. As a boat she's solid, and in fantastic unmolested condition. 

I'd planned to use it over the next few months and then make my mind up before the summer whether she's a keeper, or if not sell her and go back to silly fast boats for the three months of the year that they are fun. 

Oddly, given she's a Marlin, she's never been used as a fishing boat, so there's a blank canvas from a set up point of view. Might pick your brains once the lockdown is over to see what you've done with the 695........................unless you fancy the bigger 855 with a px of the 695 that is!!!

Stay safe, and see you on the water, soon (ish) I hope!

Hello Mark

I have just put my boat back on my Birth at Cobbs on B36 this Monday (luckily)

I saw OHANA as she is just two births down from me (Marlin Merryfisher 805) She is a cracker. 

I am sure you will enjoy her both as a fishing boat and as a cruiser.

I used to have a Sea Ray Sun Runner  which was great fun but no good as a fishing boat.

Hopefully, we will have a chat on the births later in the summer !!!

Greg

23 minutes ago, Greg said:

Hello Mark

I have just put my boat back on my Birth at Cobbs on B36 this Monday (luckily)

I saw OHANA as she is just two births down from me (Marlin Merryfisher 805) She is a cracker. 

I am sure you will enjoy her both as a fishing boat and as a cruiser.

I used to have a Sea Ray Sun Runner  which was great fun but no good as a fishing boat.

Hopefully, we will have a chat on the births later in the summer !!!

Greg

I'll look forward to that Greg.

I've had a few Pilothouses over the years, including Quicksilvers, Marlins and Arvors, but my norm has been big bowriders, which I agree are not much use for fishing. 

The theory of OHANA is sound as a multi-purpose boat, and a longer season to use her with the cabin, so fingers crossed we get some boating in this summer to allow me to put the theory into practice!