Greetings from a New Member

ChrisParish

Hi Folks,

My name is Chris and I joined recently. I live in Southampton but the family and main boat are in Poole. I have a 17ft short cabin dory, similar to a Wilson Flyer, moulded in 2017 and I am in the final stages of getting her seaworthy.

I have been around boats most of my life and fished with my Dad when I was younger. I came back to fishing because I enjoy boating, rather than came to boating so I could fish.

A year or so ago I bought a 3.8m Honwave inflatable and took to the Solent in search of mackerel. I had some success and enjoyed eating them very much (built a smoker and smoked 'em). I am pretty much a beginner, I have a couple of rods and reels, lots of enthusiasm but not a lot of knowledge.

Anyway - the family has acquired a larger boat and this year my Dad and I are hoping to have some good days out fishing from Poole. I am especially interested in catching fish for the table as we are a family of foodies.

Attached are a couple of pictures of my boats.

IMG_3278.thumb.jpg.4f7a8d04e4272c41473448f91190d558.jpgIMG_1024.thumb.JPG.bba6bae94a17885035f4340ff04b08b6.JPG

Hi Chris,  Welcome to the club,  there is a wealth of knowledge available from the more experienced seamen , you just have to ask, they will be pleased to give advice iam sure. I joined three years ago, and feel it was the best thing i could have possibly done. My personal advise would be to think of the first three important things first,  ie    SAFETY    SAFETY  SAFETY  Then gradually move onto fishing                                                               Best Wishes farmer Colin.

Chris welcome to PBSBAC. 

Join in and take part in club activities if you can.  Take advantage of the wealth of information stored in our members heads, ask away any questions you may have.  If you use the club you will drastically reduce the learning curve in both fishing and boating.

Martin

Hi Colin-58 and Maverick,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. 
I agree, Colin, with your safety comments; the sea can kill you quite easily. 

I am intending to attend the club meeting on Tuesday, so maybe I will see you there.