Complete Newbie wanting to Kayak fish

JaNath

Hello there.  We've just moved down from deepest Derbyshire, and one of the things I really want to do is go out and catch me some mackerel, bream, bass etc.. for the table.  I have never fished before at all, save for a mackerel boat trip from Mudeford last year.  I've kayaked a couple of times but have yet to get one of my own.  I've looked into a taster session with one of the many local outfits that offer such activities, but being a bloke of a certain age am also tempted to dive in (no pun intended) and get myself a kayak and a rod and have a bash.  But I also don't read instruction manuals on anything and that's landed me in trouble at times.  So, anyone here fancy giving a complete and utter novice some advice?  I have no interest in sportfishing at all, just catching dinner.  Thanks in advance!

Hi chum
Poole’s got great fishing and there are plenty of species to target for the table.
Before you jump straight in have a look at my post on safety and equipment
Sure in the high summer you can get out with a pfd, phone , tackle and kayak as the bare minimum, but if you want to fish year round then I’d advise getting some kit together first. Always happy to chat at a club meeting and help out. Have a look through some of the old kayak threads on here. Soon be time for bass plaice and bream too
Lofty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk