A few whiting for the pot

Rob

Adam invited myself and AJ out on JV for some fishing yesterday.

It was a bit slower that we would have hoped. We moved a few times, thanks for the work out Ad!

We had a handful each in the box and crept in with just enough water.

Wasn't cold didn't rain, not bad.

R

Whiting for the pot was Greg's idea too, when he dropped me a line yesterday. I jumped at the chance!

We made the 8.30 bridge this morning, then pushed out to the Spoil Grounds off Old Harry. Greg dropped the hook in a favoured spot, and we had a steady supply of fish from the off. The first on board was a blonde ray to tangled lines. Greg claimed only one hook was in the fish, and it was his, and who was I to argue....much.

The spot produced a couple of decent whiting each, a succession of pout, and a solitary strap conger of 5-10lb to Greg.

A move to the tail end of the Dolphin Sands produced more whiting, which were a mix of good keepers and smaller fish. A, few more strap conger appeared (and a couple of better ones lost), a single doggie, a small turbot, and a feisty undulate ray to me,  that went 15lb 9oz (lowest steady weight).

Conditions weren't bad. A light breeze, a southerly swell and light cloud, and a thoroughly enjoyable day out, back on the 4.30 bridge.

Thanks again Greg!

A good meal just finished and a family of 4 of us with full bellies of whiting just caught today.

Thanks for joining me today Mike it was a steady day of catching and not even time for lunch. 

Your Goose soup was amazing and sustained me all day. 

You are very welcome any time.

Cheers

Greg