Flounder Competition Rescheduled 29th December 2019

jerry.shutter

Re Scheduled Flounder Competition looks like it’s found a great weather window.

The competition is in conjunction with PSA and there Open Flounder Boat Competition.

PBSBAC club hamper for the best Flounder caught by a club member.

PSA prizes as advertised, please order your bait with Andy before 2pm tomorrow to be sure of your order.

Weigh in at the Liberal Club between 4-5pm on Sunday, please take the fish in buckets of water to the weigh in unless intended for the table.

Please sign in to give Andy an idea of numbers as soon as you can.

Sorry not to be with you.

Tight lines

As the weather's looking good I'm thinking of bringing the drone.

If anyone in the " secret flounder mark " area objects to my flying over or taking pictures of them please contact me or post on here.

Otherwise it's a good opportunity to get some promotional stuff for the club. ( Free of charge ) ;)

Jim    :smileys-fish-777679:

1 hour ago, Tiddler said:

As the weather's looking good I'm thinking of bringing the drone.

If anyone in the " secret flounder mark " area objects to my flying over or taking pictures of them please contact me or post on here.

Otherwise it's a good opportunity to get some promotional stuff for the club. ( Free of charge ) ;)

Jim    :smileys-fish-777679:

Has it got a grab Jim, cos apparently kev is offering bacon and egg roll to everyone....what a nice bloke !👍👍😁

Results from today’s Comps.

6 club boats entered both Comps with one extra boat entering PSA comp.

15 Angler’s in total.

🏆. 1st Both Comps.     Dave Evans -  2lb, 3 1/4oz. Winning Bob Horne Shield, Club Hamper, and £55 in cash and vouchers from Poole Sea Angling.

2nd Both Comps.    Jan Tryska - 1lb, 12oz. Winning £45 in cash and vouchers from PSA 

3rd Both Comps.   Frank Morris - 1lb, 9 5/8oz. Winning £35 in cash and vouchers from PSA.

4th Both Comps.    Kev Couzens - 1lb. Winning £30 in cash and vouchers from PSA.

5th Prize raffled off and won by Colin. (Farmer Colin)

All winning fish came from two boats.

All fish weighed and returned safely for next year!! 👍

Well done Dave a great result as the flounders have been very scarce indeed.

Thanks to Andy for running a comp alongside the club comp and the presentation venue, with food etc.

Also team Fisherman’s Cafe for the food, all went down very well after quite a nippy day at times.

B6CCD00D-EFEC-4613-BEC9-72DDF0AD5922.thumb.jpeg.06f1b01ad4671c1367324a48e29d7dba.jpeg

Thanks to all involved with organizing this for us and extra thanks to Mike & Clare from the Fisherman's Cafe for stepping in to lay on the food.

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvly! ! ;)

Anyone who knows what

What3Words is:

Fisherman's Cafe location.

https://what3words.com/forest.chefs.prom

yes very well done Dave  Jan  Frank  and Kev   iam sure the rest of us enjoyed the day as well, thanks to all the organizers , hope more will support it next year, the banter and food afterwards made it  worth attending the event!                                                                                                                  I realize flounder fishing has got to be somewhat of a challenge, indeed i believe new tactics were employed by some club boats yesterday, mainly quietly parking on the mud at the top end out the way and considering digging for the little rascals, i guess if this method was proven to be successful  we would just have to consider the max size of spade rather than number of rods!