Alderney 2020

Tarlach.

Steve Porter has just posted that for anyone travelling to the Channel Islands there is the requirement to quarantine for 14 days which means that his trips to Alderney will not be possible. He is doing a passenger delivery to Guernsey and Alderney next week and is not allowed to go ashore. So far, there have been no cases of coronovirus in Alderney and I guess they want to keep it that way.

Terry.

Thanks for the update Terry. I was wondering how long it would be before the Alderney trip started to become affected too. I suppose it’s probably going to be a right off but, we live in hope !!
Please keep us updated if you hear any thing else !
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto ,   Mal,    it does make me wonder,      Boris keeps warning people because not everyone is taking advise.     Some people think it is not going to be me , coronavirus is for the others , well today was a classic with people out in the countryside, i witnessed people go through the fields on a footpath, not a problem to me or my sheep with  one to ten day old lambs, so wheres the problem? Since none of them thought to put new gloves  on or sanitise there hands after opening and shutting the four feet six wide steel galvanised gate i wondered if the first one today had left any virus on the gate or latch how many of the other twentyish would have been infected?                             Absolutely Frightening.          I think it was Brian that hinted the other day in a post that i was in a good position to distance isolate       out in the open fields and fresh air and so did i , but i now realise i need to remember one of my friends , he had a few  "sayings" and one of them was ,    " The world is full of half~wits"      Seen some today!       Scary.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Colin