Flounder Comp 15th December

jerry.shutter

Hi Guys,

I understand everyone’s worries and concerns regards the weather, ordering bait etc.

I would imagine a decision will be made on Friday, and posted early evening.

Its a tough one, yesterday gave winds to 47mph at Cobbs today, yet it was very pleasant.

Watch this space.

Jerry

1. Serenity - Tony - Jim
2 Marichelle - Mick & James ( non member)
3. Fisheagle with Allan and Mike Hall entering both Comps.
4. Kingfisher - Chris, Dogfish & Niggle. (Both comps)
5. Madness - Dean, Terry & Martin  
6. Slice of life -Lofty

7. Warren  Rich & Alun
8. Reel Bizzy - Dave Jacob and Kev ( both comps )

See Andy has cancelled his Flounder Shop Comp. Until 29 th. Dec. due to weather and bait issues. That nice warm Liberal Club with hot food etc. Which was to be the Weigh In venue was one of the attractions. Were I younger, I don't think the weather would have bothered me too much. Now it gets harder and less enjoyable so Fisheagle will be withdrawing unless Mike wants to take her out and find crew.

Just looked at flounder forecast, done my health and safety planning, and decided like Frank us baiter boater boys would rather support the charity Heros on the water rather  than try and  be one!     With jest , if the hamper is a problem why not have a kite flying comp, the kite needs to be in the shape of a flounder ,and the winner is the person who keeps it in the air the longest, or the highest !                                                                                   So as they say on dragons den iam out                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Colin.

Good idea lofty,   £5  a ticket i will have one,       £1 a ticket i will have 5.        Since its not the christmas raffle may be  we should just give it Jim straight away !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              And yes  Alun, sure we are all disappointed with the forecast, but i can tell you as a farmer you can only work with the weather , not against it,   safety at sea is paramount,     lets hope the replacement day turns up trump"s                                                                                                                                             Colin. 

12 hours ago, alun j. said:

Well.... the hamper is put together...I have dug my own bait...and am ready to go. !

Bigger fear is not the weather, but the lack of flounders to catch !

Alun.

What he said, minus the bait. Andy........!

Terry.

Unfortunately with wind averaging 48mph and heavy rain, and no bait available from shops Sundays Flounder competition is cancelled.

Andy at PSA has re scheduled his open flounder to 29.12.19.

I suggest we support him with this, and hold our flounder comp alongside his, again fingers crossed  weather wise, and that people might be able to escape any Christmas, New Year commitments. 

If you could register any interest in the 29th earlier rather than later then that will obviously help organisation.

On the assumption the hamper is not going to go off, I am sure it would be a big bonus for the 29th.

Sorry for the cancellation but we cannot do anything about the weather.