It's our Christmas meeting this coming Tuesday click here for more info Read more... ×
overdraft

Arvor 250 steering

Hi Guys,

Can anyone one give me advice on how to deal with slooppy steering response, I think the fluid could be low or air in the system, is this topped via the access on top of the helm and do I have to bleed, and if so where from? as there is no  service manual for such things for this boat I'm a little unsure, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Kim

I am not sure but if you remove the cap from your your helm then top up then turn the wheel from full lock to full lock each way several times with the cap off the air if any should release replace the cap, hope that this will help 

I agree with Graham, when I topped mine up last time it did cause leakage from a small “holding,header” tank for the steering fluid in the engine bay. Presumably overfilled without realising. 

Try using a small funnel  that fits the helm keep it an inch up thetube  if you opening and just top up the oil it may jump out when you turn the wheel

mw