JoJo's Ray Comp

Rob

So a plan was hatched as Saturday only allowed for a potential short trip, which was cancelled.

Sunday I tried to hitch another ride, to no avail. And this forecast was so good Jo mentioned the 4 of us going out.

Great idea. We can fish the comp.

Well, good intentions and all that, we hit some small scad early on after a 9:30 launch at Mudeford.

With no livebait well the scad were too good a opportunity to give up, so in to a coolbox with water they went. And off to the ledge. A few drifts and we had bass a drift and a couple of keepers.

Then I remembered I didn't lock the trailer! (Too much going on with family when launching, left my brew in the car too!).

Then after popping back to the quay with the key we needed more bait, managed one in 30 mins so not great. Met up with Alun on Gastro, stalked him to find bait, that didn't go well!

So we hit the ledge with one bait and feathered whilst drifting.

We managed a bass a drift and put a few back of undersize, kept a few (bonus having all of us aboard) and lost some in the fight.

Wind picked up on what had been a clam day, so what to do. Kids want to head out to a ray mark, so off to near southbourne rough and find a featureless flat spot. It was sloppy, a few white caps and the girls loved the journey out!

We had baits down for 10 mins and Lottie had her thornback on which was fun @10:13

Then we had a couple of dogs (go mum and dad), then Livvy had an Undulate of 12:4 that gave a good account for itself. Not bad for 40 mins ray fishing.

We then headed in at 16:00, tired and happy.

Met with Al on the slip, he had some plaice, and a bass but nothing special.

Great weather (little cold) and good fishing.

Thanks for the radio check Mal, I do seem to have interference on the radio from the plotters.

Shame we didn't meet up with JV, we had planned to but they were enjoying the plaice as we enjoyed the bass.

Rob

dd04d66628c8e4ce7f6b7ed0dead01dd.jpg

Forgot to mention, the fuel leak I had fixed a few months ago, showed itself on the drive Saturday whilst I was running her up. So I missed out on going out to lunch and stayed home a stripped the carbs off and changed some fuel lines.

So far so good, but the yam does have a stutter around 2300/2400 rpm, almost like a cylinder shuts down.

So next thing to sort, but only under load, so no good for at home diagnostics. Maybe plugs!

R

Forgot to mention, the fuel leak I had fixed a few months ago, showed itself on the drive Saturday whilst I was running her up. So I missed out on going out to lunch and stayed home a stripped the carbs off and changed some fuel lines.

So far so good, but the yam does have a stutter around 2300/2400 rpm, almost like a cylinder shuts down.

So next thing to sort, but only under load, so no good for at home diagnostics. Maybe plugs!

R

Just for my own records:

Changed the plugs lats night, still.got a stutter around 2400/2700k.

Added some fuel cleaner / redex stuff, half a bottle / 50litre dose in to 12 litres of super unleaded.

After a good blast over hook sands to Poole patch we noted she ran smooth as silk on the way back in the sloop.

So I'll pop the plugs and check if they are all similar in colour / burn.

R