Sign in to follow this  
etian

Not sure whats wrong

On the way home yesterday when the engine suddenly reduced its revs without me touching the throttle. It then accelerated back up ad the revs climbed back to whee they were. A few minutes later the same thing happened, but this time the revs did not come back up so I pt it back in neutral and pushed the throttle again and everything went back to usual. Another few minutes later the engine dropped revs again, so i tried giving more throttle but the revs would not rise. The engine seemed to be stuck at a certain speed. We limped home with the engine dropping revs and then accelerating again, like it had a mind of its own.

To clarify, it is an evinrude e-tec 115 from 2009

The throttle has always been very stiff

My guess is air in fuel line. Maybe getting in on a connector? Water separator etc.

Or dirt blocking the pickup. I had a bent pickup tube once inside the tank, it was restricting the fuel pickup when in a slop or full revs. Really hard to finds, esp as tank was full and it was seeming like air entering the fuel lines.

Rob

Probably going in to limp mode due to an engine fault. Get Paul Thorn  Tel 01202496630 to get the diagnostics on it.

I think hooky has some diagnostics for e tecs he had similar but not the same check all the connector  blocks in the wiring loom as his was a dirty connector  

Check oil levels, I had a very embarrassing moment, as an engine safety device stopped an outboard I had,  running at more than tick over because oil levels low.

Still the bill wasn’t large to fix but it was mega embarrassing 🤪🤪🤪