Junior Comp 2019 Rules, Reg and Booking In

Rob

Junior Comp Rules 2019

Competition Dates are:

13th \ 14th  July - fishing 1 day only - nominate day on booking-in

CHANGE 17th \ 18th August - fishing 1 day only - nominate day on booking-in

Sun 15th September - followed by presentation at Cobb's BBQ Area

There are 3 opportunities for a junior to fish this comp - the junior may fish up to 3 times - once in July, once in August and once in September. When there is an option to fish Saturday or Sunday - the day being fished must be stated at booking-in.

Fishing time:

09:00 - 15:00

Style of Competiton - 2 comps in 1:

- Specimen Competition - Under 16yrs - largest specimen award over up to 3 comps. Please record your juniors' best specimen by weight, photo required and to be submitted with form. Usual Club Specimen weights used.

- Species Hunt - split in to 2 age groups - under 11yrs & 11yrs+ to under 16yrs.

Score sheets need to be sent to open@pbsbac.co.uk within 48 hrs of each comp - these will be made available on the forum or emailed by request.

5 hooks at any one time over max of 2 rods (easier for juniors can use 1 rod to feather).

Area to fish:

All boats compeating will fish within Club Waters and within 5 miles of land (northern boundry of Club Waters). The captain of the boat deems what is suitable for crew and craft. Whether the competition goes ahead will be decision of Safety Officer\Comp Organiser by 19:00 the night before.

Safety:

The decision whether each competition goes ahead will be made by the PBSBAC Safety Officer \ Comp Organiser day before each competition. A post will be put on the forum the night before each competition to confirm the decision.

Species scoring:

Each Junior will be issued with a Species Hunt Score Sheet. Each species of fish caught will be awarded with the points stated on the sheet. Should a junior catch more than one of the same species then each additional fish will count as an additional one point. Its is important that the Parent/Skipper log all fish caught on each competition day. Please submit within 48hrs of the comp start - execpet on the final day, please bring form to Cobbs Quay by 17:00.

- Slight change this year with max of 20 for each species counting and only the first of a species taking the "species points", the rest score 1 point. Also, added an unlisted species - again 20 max of each and only 1 point each.

--  e.g. Bass + 5 points - so 2 bass = 6 points total, 20 bass = 24 points, 30 bass = 24 points

All Juniors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Note: If a competition day is cancelled it may not be re-scheduled.

Juniors must be registered at least the day before each competiton starts (execpt for the last date (Sept) when 2 weeks notice is required). Registering is via the Comp Organiser or on this forum thread below.

Juniors over 11 are expected to bait up, cast and retrieve fish on their own with minimal help.

In event of a tie on points, the younger competitor will finish in the better position.

Comp Organiser's decision is final.

The score sheet below:

Rob 

All - can those taking part please add names to the list below? same rules as last year. I need to know

1: Olivia Francis 14/07 11/08 15/09

2: Charlotte Francis 14/07 11/08 15/09

3: Ruben Franklin 14/07 11/08 15/09

4: Isla Franklin 14/07 11/08 15/09

5:

6:

JuniorCompScoreSheet2019.pdf

• 1 month later...

Yes sir, Sunday is on should the weather play ball!

Trophies were nearly delivered today but some excuse there was a problem with address!!! (I called them and said bet driver fancied an early finish)

Anybody, got any space for myself and 2 kids?

Launching and retrieving JoJo on my own with 2 kids doesn't make for a relaxed day!

Thanks,

Rob

Good poiunt Neil, i haev been very slack this year. lost my mo-jo and have been having to work for my wages this year. which has come as a surprise, having been blaggin it for the last 20! 😁

Anyway, i will work on it now.

Will you be able to get down on Sunday? maybe bring the boat in to cobbs saturday night? have a little overnight jaunt?

Rob

Sunday 15th Final Junior Comp Day

FIshing from 9:00 > 15:00 - back to Cobbs for 16:00 - where we will have scores added, prizes presented and pizza for the kids (adults to fend for themselves).

Entries for Sunday are:

1:BlakeW

2: JacobG

3: Leo

4: DanielB

5: DarceyB

6: PhoebeB

7: OliviaF

8: CharoltteF

9: Isla Franklin (absent)

10: Ruben Frankin (absent)

Anyone else please advise asap - by 18:00 Friday please (or before I go to Pooel Sea Angling @08:00 Saturday 07970767149)

Other members are more than welcome to join us at Cobbs @16:00 - weather looking great.

Thanks

Rob

• Rob pinned this topic
Good poiunt Neil, i haev been very slack this year. lost my mo-jo and have been having to work for my wages this year. which has come as a surprise, having been blaggin it for the last 20!

Anyway, i will work on it now.

Will you be able to get down on Sunday? maybe bring the boat in to cobbs saturday night? have a little overnight jaunt?

Rob

Sorry Rob, we are not able to make it to cobbs Saturday due to previous engagements !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As there have been two rounds only and only two entrants posted in the last round, how are these scores calculated please ?

Best score taken forward, it is not cumulative as that would not be fair on those who can only fish one date.

Rob

Yes but, how are the points worked out . ie, Leo has 3 points for one fish ??

Yes, all in the rules.

Scad are 3 points for the first and 1 point for every repeat fish of same type (up to max of 20 fish).

This helps to stop someone sat on microbream all day catching hundreds.

So in example above, the max for scad is 3+19= 22 , whether you catch 20 or 200.

R

Yes, all in the rules.

Scad are 3 points for the first and 1 point for every repeat fish of same type (up to max of 20 fish).

This helps to stop someone sat on microbream all day catching hundreds.

So in example above, the max for scad is 3+19= 22 , whether you catch 20 or 200.

R

Ok cool, cheers Rob !