South of Pevril, East of Durlston

billy2shots

With conditions looking very good for tomorrow I was thinking of heading a bit further out than I normally do. 

I’ve ha my eye on what looks to be a deep hole of 30m (25m all around). This is showing on Navionics as you draw a line east of Durlston head and South of Pevril half way along the ledge. 

I was thinking this gulley could hold Tope and conger. Has anyone got experience/pointers for this particular area. 

Failing that, I will go with the tide to Dolphin Sands. 

29 minutes ago, Adam F said:

Big tides tomorrow and that area being off the headland gets a big tide run. It’s a good area for rope / conger etc but on the smaller tides.

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning on getting there at high tide which will give a few hours of fishing in slackish tide 12.45-16.30 before it start to really go out again. 

Will it still be a challenge during that period of the day <0.5m tide swing. 

As Adam says, it really rips round there, I wouldn't recommend anchoring there with these tides, you'll barely get any slack and need half a tonne of lead to hold the bottom

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning on getting there at high tide which will give a few hours of fishing in slackish tide 12.45-16.30 before it start to really go out again. 

Will it still be a challenge during that period of the day

Good luck!!

Listen to the guys above. Save your time for small tides.

Big tides are best served inshore or on the drift for bass or wrecking, but too big and the wrecks and be very tackle hungry.

Rob