Wessex AT Specimen Weights

Coddy

In the Wessex area of the Angling Trust, Hampshire think that some of the specimen weights are unfair and would like some changes and maybe break away and have their own area of specimen weights.

So we in the Dorset are have a golden opportunity to get any amendments to our area.

It was suggested that we get Tope reduced to 40lbs from 45lbs  if any club member has any other suggestions for change on any species I need to know before 18th July

Also does anyone have any thoughts about Hampshire having their own area weights or should they stay with us?

I have attached the current listing. 

Specimen Weights 2019.pdf

Dave, I don't think dropping tope by 5lb is necessary. Specimen weights are as they are named 'specimen' and something memorable.  Unlike the changes the club asked for with spur dogs and undulates where  captures were regularly exceeding specimen weights and nothing memorable.

Hi Stuie

A discussion took place at the meeting and it was suggested that Tope be reduced by 5kg this was not my suggestion however many at the meeting agreed that you should have at least some chance of catching a 100% specimen but over the last 4.5yrs no one has caught a 100% Tope.

To everyone

I have updated Charlie's spreadsheet, which was published last year, on fish caught since 2015 to June this year, I have added 2018 + 6 months of this year (2019 figures on based on the 2019 specimen size list)

If you look at this list against the Wessex Specimen list for 2019 you can make up your own minds.

When you view the sheet it will be sideways, so if you look on the pdf menu you should see a heading View, click on this and a rotate menu comes up click on anti-clockwise and you should see it normally unless you want to print it out

Specimen Fish caught.pdf

18 hours ago, Coddy said:

Hi Stuie

A discussion took place at the meeting and it was suggested that Tope be reduced by 5kg this was not my suggestion however many at the meeting agreed that you should have at least some chance of catching a 100% specimen but over the last 4.5yrs no one has caught a 100% Tope.

To everyone

I have updated Charlie's spreadsheet, which was published last year, on fish caught since 2015 to June this year, I have added 2018 + 6 months of this year (2019 figures on based on the 2019 specimen size list)

If you look at this list against the Wessex Specimen list for 2019 you can make up your own minds.

When you view the sheet it will be sideways, so if you look on the pdf menu you should see a heading View, click on this and a rotate menu comes up click on anti-clockwise and you should see it normally unless you want to print it out

Specimen Fish caught.pdf

Thanks Dave

Glad that you found that old research and is was useful

Keep up the good work

Charlie

Just to update this, I have now produced a list of specimen fish going back to 2012 to end of June this year.

The results are on two pages so at least you can read them without a magnifying glass. :dizzy:

It is surprising that some of the higher numbers of fish caught are where people are saying they are scarce

There are some obvious scarce species.

Hope it is of interest to some

Dave

Specimen Records.pdf