Aux flush

Rob

Sorry for tagging onto the thread but just how important is it to flush outboard engines after every run. There have been several instances this year where i havent been able to get a flush after the trip.  

I would say that it’s extremely important, especially if your not using the boat for weeks after the last voyage. Salt water is not an engines friend and can cause some damage !
You should flush after every use !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as I put the boat back on the trailer I flush my main engine (no aux) At Rockley they have a good supply of water and muffs, but I carry a hose and flush connector just in case they cant do it for any reason.

The salt water is not great to have sat in there but its also any sediment that can get caught inside the cooling chambers and block ports that is the real worry, Especial as the water can be very shallow in Poole some times when your heading back in its easy to scope a load of mud up into your engine.